Who would win: John Carpenter's The Thing vs. The Blob (1958)

Tools    

Who would win: John Carpenter's The Thing vs. The Blob (1958)
66.67%
6 votes
The Thing
33.33%
3 votes
The Blob
9 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The Thing
The Blob
I would have thought the Thing because it would just imitate and consume the Blob. Can't quite remember how the Blob operates but I'm not sure it was the same as the Thing.

Boldly going.
I would have thought the Thing because it would just imitate and consume the Blob. Can't quite remember how the Blob operates but I'm not sure it was the same as the Thing.
The Blob consumes everything it comes in contact with and grows as it consumes.

The Thing. I like both tho and I'm usually not a fan of 50's flick

The Blob consumes everything it comes in contact with and grows as it consumes.
Mm. But what if it consumed an infected creature like a dog? You'd think the Thing would be able to counter the absorption process and flood the Blob's cells with its own replicas.

The Thing would emulate the blob and then not only eat it, destroy it and regurgitate it's likeness but also shop around town as the blob, trying on high heels, red dresses and scarves much like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. You don't a mess a with a The Thing, eh?!

The Blob would easily absorb The Thing, and that would be that. OTOH The Blob would not be able to withstand the Antarctic temperatures as did The Thing, because that's what was used to kill The Blob: freezing temperatures in the form of CO2.

And you've got to admit that Steve McQueen was infinitely hipper that was Kurt Russell...

~Cheers

It basically comes down to time. Would the Blob consume The Thing before its cells had a chance to assimilate The Blob's? It seem to me The Blob consumes life far faster than The Thing takes to assimilate.