Rip Your Soul Out And Trap It
25.00%
1 votes
Pull Your Whole Body In
50.00%
2 votes
Burn Your Eyes Like A Welding Arc
4 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Ok, so... just watched Ghostbusters again...

Ray: "Remember, don't look directly into the trap!"
Egon, looking worried: "I looked at the trap, Ray!"

Had to go on Google to find out why, yet there's no conclusive answer.
Some people say it's because the trap will pull you in... others say it'll pull your soul from you and trap you like a ghost... others say it's because the light from the trap is as bright as a welding torch and can burn your eyes.

Also, checking over Ghostbusters Canon... all 3 answers vary as both true and false depending on what comic, cartoon or forum you look at.

What do you believe?

Poll might take a minute or two to appear

Ok, so... just watched Ghostbusters again...

Ray: "Remember, don't look directly into the trap!"
Egon, looking worried: "I looked at the trap, Ray!"

Had to go on Google to find out why, yet there's no conclusive answer.
Some people say it's because the trap will pull you in... others say it'll pull your soul from you and trap you like a ghost... others say it's because the light from the trap is as bright as a welding torch and can burn your eyes.

Also, checking over Ghostbusters Canon... all 3 answers vary as both true and false depending on what comic, cartoon or forum you look at.

What do you believe?

Poll might take a minute or two to appear
Well, the answer seems easy. If Egon looked into the trap and was still intact the rest of the film, I'd wager that he probably saw some sun spots for a few hours afterwards. If it was anything else his soul or his body wouldn't have made it to the end of the movie. Maybe there's another discussion about that?

Well, all three of them didn't technically turn away completely until Ray closed the trap...

It was that second press of the foot pedal when the trap actually activates properly...