Green Lantern
8.57%
3 votes
Steel
22.86%
8 votes
Catwoman
35 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
I'm not talking about something like Batman V Superman, or Amazing Spiderman 2, which are polarizing in their fanbase.

I'm talking about films so bad that they are no longer polarizing. They are unanimous in how bad they are. But which one is the worst of the worst?

Batman and Robin:
Because kids love bat-nipples.

Catwoman:
Kids do like basketball. It's just the other scenes that bombed.

Superman IV: Quest for Peace:

Not so much a quest for peace as it was a quest for a terrible movie.

Green Lantern:
Who knew that Ryan Reynolds could play a good Deadpool after this and X-Men Origins?

Supergirl:
It's just very strange. And boring. Mostly boring.

Steel:
Because Shaq playing the Tin-Man is what the DC universe needed.

Daredevil:
Who knew that Ben Affleck could play a good Batman after this, and a good Bruce Wayne after Gigli?

Ghost Rider 1 + 2:
Who knew that Nic Cage would be a terrible Ghost Rider? Oh, wait...

Captain America (1994)
Because a Captain America costume requires rubber ears.

Fantastic Four 1+2 (2005):
Anything but fantastic, one wonders how it got a sequel.

Fantastic Four (2015)....er, I mean, Fant4stic.
I'm getting a feeling that all Fantastic Four movies are doomed to fail, just like video game movies.

Elektra:
An Elektra movie that isn't R-rated is a recipe for disaster.

I do realize I'm missing a few, like the first 2 Captain America Movies and the first Fantastic 4 movies, but they were more camp than just bad. Also I'm missing stupid spoofs like The Amazing Bulk, Metal Man, and The Black Knight Returns because they don't even count as movies. Also I stuck to Marvel and DC movies. Too many people think that Marvel can do no wrong.

I could only put 12 in so if you have a superhero film YOU think is the worst, feel free to post your own. Also discussion is very welcome.

By the way, I've actually tortured myself by watching each one of these films, so I think I can confidently answer that the worst of the worst is Captain America. I actually enjoyed it though, it's just so bad it's hilarious. It's free on Youtube if you want to see what I'm talking about.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Agree.

Daredevil has an extra Cut which makes it more tolerable though [barely]

Catwoman has a pair of good things about ti

Addenda:

BvS and SS were utter crap fests

The most loathsome of all goblins
Don't forget the Roger Corman production of Fantastic Four, that one is craptastic. Also The Punisher with Dolph Lundgren, though it does earn a few points with me for casting Lani Tupu from Farscape.

Agree.

Daredevil has an extra Cut which makes it more tolerable though [barely]

Catwoman has a pair of good things about ti

Addenda:

BvS and SS were utter crap fests
I agree. I liked BvS, but I can freely admit that it has far too many flaws to be a good film. Haven't seen the entirety of Suicide Squad yet but I've seen enough to know it looks bad.

By the way this is a poll now so you can vote on whichever one on this list is the worst.

A system of cells interlinked
Checkout the 1970s made-for-TV Doctor Strange for a really rough time!

Don't forget the Roger Corman production of Fantastic Four, that one is craptastic. Also The Punisher with Dolph Lundgren, though it does earn a few points with me for casting Lani Tupu from Farscape.
Yeah, I mentioned that at the bottom. Didn't have room for the Punisher. Maybe if I'd have lumped every Fantastic Four movie into one, big, horrendous, pile of crap?

A system of cells interlinked
Also The Punisher with Dolph Lundgren, though it does earn a few points with me for casting Lani Tupu from Farscape.
Nooooooooooooooo! I love that flick! I think it is better than the Thomas Jane version, even if it has shite production values.

The problem with Fant4stic was its utter departure from the source material. It might have been slightly entertaining if they titled it "Zoom II" and didn't try to pass it off as a group that's been around for 55 years!

With the Fantastic Four, a movie maker has their stories and characters ready made for them, all they have to do is take care of the practical aspects (like cast, chemistry, costumes, special effects, etc.).

Catwoman will always be the worst for me, then Batman & Robin. Green Lantern/Fantastic 4/Daredevil are the lesser of the evils and I can watch them without having the urge to throw my TV out the window or gouge my eyes out

Shaq's Steel is apparently terrible?

The Batman series. If I was a kid watching those films, I wouldn't feel like Batman was on my side. When I think Superhero, I think Christopher Reeve. As corny and "dated" as his style and that writing may be, that is what a superhero is. Bedside manner. Polite. No one needs to see the darkness, not as a kid. For adults, I suggest becoming your own hero and walking past the Batman and Avengers, etc theaters. Go see a movie that matters.

That's what I tell myself, anyways.

Nooooooooooooooo! I love that flick! I think it is better than the Thomas Jane version, even if it has shite production values.
it's not a great adaptation, but I thought it had great moments

I agree. I liked BvS, but I can freely admit that it has far too many flaws to be a good film. Haven't seen the entirety of Suicide Squad yet but I've seen enough to know it looks bad.

By the way this is a poll now so you can vote on whichever one on this list is the worst.
Yeah I did vote for SuperGirl. That one is memorable [sadly].

But despair not. A lot of more bad CBMs are coming.

I LOVE Dolphs version. Did you know that the fight scenes are actually real [real impact]

The Batman series. If I was a kid watching those films, I wouldn't feel like Batman was on my side. When I think Superhero, I think Christopher Reeve. As corny and "dated" as his style and that writing may be, that is what a superhero is. Bedside manner. Polite. No one needs to see the darkness, not as a kid. For adults, I suggest becoming your own hero and walking past the Batman and Avengers, etc theaters. Go see a movie that matters.

That's what I tell myself, anyways.

I love me the Dolph Punisher, but Thomas Jane for me was the Punisher for the longest time. Now that honor goes to John Bernthal.

But for me the worst comic book movie is Batman and Robin. I mean it killed the Batman franchise for a bit until the Nolan reboot. Not to mention the awful tone, awful pace, and awful casting choices. I love Arnie but he is not Mr Freeze. And this is coming from someone who liked and grew up with the Adam West Batman movie!

Green Lanturn, Daredevil, and the first two Fantastic Four movies, and the first Ghost Rider were bad but not horrendous. Supergirl was a bore, that Captain America movie was at least better then the Reb Brown TV movies, and Elektra was dull (but Gardner was hot). Superman 4, Steel, and Catwoman were flat out AWFUL but not Batman and Robin awful. Though to be fair they are really freaking close.

I have not seen Ghost Rider 2 or Fan Four-stic.

Catwoman will always be the worst for me, then Batman & Robin. Green Lantern/Fantastic 4/Daredevil are the lesser of the evils and I can watch them without having the urge to throw my TV out the window or gouge my eyes out

Shaq's Steel is apparently terrible?
It is apparent with the very few first lines of dialogue.
"That's enough, that's enough! My ass is on fire!"
"Thought I smelled some nuts roasting."