Asexual characters in movies?

Tools    

Hey, does anybody know of any movies that have characters who are asexual? As in, characters who actively dislike the idea of sexual contact (as in, they are disinterested or outright dread the idea of it-- I'm not talking about celibacy or characters that are morally against it), or who have a crush on/strong feelings for another character but not in a sexual context? If a character out-right states that they're asexual (and doesn't turn out to be a liar later on in the film) that'd be even better.
Could you guys tell me of movies with asexual characters in them?
The only movie I can recall where a character out-right describes loving another character but not in a sexual way is the main character in boring eighties movie "I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing."
Suggesting buddy movies is okay as long as they act like a couple.
Thanks!

It's not a movie, but the most recent season of BoJack Horseman introduced the idea that one of its characters was asexual, and I think it'll probably be explored next season.

It's not a movie, but the most recent season of BoJack Horseman introduced the idea that one of its characters was asexual, and I think it'll probably be explored next season.
Awesome, I was planning to watch that.
Thanks!

Hey, does anybody know of any movies that have characters who are asexual? As in, characters who actively dislike the idea of sexual contact (as in, they are disinterested or outright dread the idea of it-- I'm not talking about celibacy or characters that are morally against it), or who have a crush on/strong feelings for another character but not in a sexual context? If a character out-right states that they're asexual (and doesn't turn out to be a liar later on in the film) that'd be even better.
Could you guys tell me of movies with asexual characters in them?
The only movie I can recall where a character out-right describes loving another character but not in a sexual way is the main character in boring eighties movie "I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing."
Suggesting buddy movies is okay as long as they act like a couple.
Thanks!
I don't know of any film where asexuality is depicted, which really seems very odd to me. I wasn't aware of it at all until a few years ago.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I Robot . robots are asexual

Dogma/Constantine/The Prophecy series - Angels are asexual

X.Files - Aliens are Asexual [except the hybrids]

(A)sexual (2011) - "Facing a sex obsessed culture, a mountain of stereotypes and misconceptions, and a lack of social or scientific research, asexuals - people who experience no sexual attraction - struggle to claim their identity."

I think that's more along the lines of being androgynous or neuter. I liked what Michael Fassbender did in Prometheus to suggest that for David. Little things, like tone of voice.

I think that's more along the lines of being androgynous or neuter. I liked what Michael Fassbender did in Prometheus to suggest that for David. Little things, like tone of voice.
David in Prometheus is fully sexual [watch the viral videos].

(A)sexual (2011) - "Facing a sex obsessed culture, a mountain of stereotypes and misconceptions, and a lack of social or scientific research, asexuals - people who experience no sexual attraction - struggle to claim their identity."
I don't remember "I Robot" very well, I saw it a long while ago when it came out. I suppose robot movies would have themes of asexuality since they have bonds but produce by building other robots. But I'd rather find human (or at the very least humanoid) characters who are asexual.

There was a movie in the Prophecy series that was basically the softcore love story between a human and an angel. Also I found those movies really slow and boring.
I suppose the angels in Dogma would count-- from what I remember (I saw the movie once on tv when I was a kid) they appeared as humans but they weren't interested in relationships of any kind.

Not all aliens are asexual.

I really liked that asexual documentary. I related to everything the people talked about in it.

Isn't Dumbledore meant to be asexual?
His sexuality seems to change imo.
He seemed straight when he commented about Madam Pomphrey complimenting his earmuffs causing him to blush in the first book.
Then he seemed asexual for a long time,
until the final book (or one of the last ones anyway, I can't remember which and don't care enough to look it up) when JK decided to get into activism by making him gay and having a lover in his backstory. She said in interviews that he was gay.
Who knows what the truth is. The writing in Harry Potter is awkward, I stg it felt like half-way through the series a different writer took over. But if the author says he's gay, I guess that's it.

David in Prometheus is fully sexual [watch the viral videos].
He may be fully sexual – like Data in Star Trek – but only in the sense that the mechanics work.

I don't remember "I Robot" very well, I saw it a long while ago when it came out. I suppose robot movies would have themes of asexuality since they have bonds but produce by building other robots. But I'd rather find human (or at the very least humanoid) characters who are asexual.
We're talking about androids really aren't we? Very sophisticated robots who are a close approximation of humans. There's certainly a sexual dimension to Ash in Alien and the Nexus 6 androids of Blade Runner, but again, difficult to call it asexuality.

He may be fully sexual – like Data in Star Trek – but only in the sense that the mechanics work.
you think Shaw used his mechanics before stitching his head back?

I really liked that asexual documentary. I related to everything the people talked about in it.
I find this topic fascinating.

Would you be available to answer a few question?

you think Shaw used his mechanics before stitching his head back?
I'm not even going there…

I find this topic fascinating.
Me too. As I said it is quite astonishing that there is so little out there that describes asexuality.