which batmobile? batman 1989 or batman begins

Tools    

i ve always found it that a superhero should have a bad ass car, and since i knew about batman since i was a kid i found the design fascinating of the batmobile when i watched the 1989 film and the 1966 show.
The one from the '89 movie is cool and takes the design in an interesting new direction, and even the tank-like modern movie versions have their charm. But I just can't get over the old original TV one. When it's done right the first time, nothing else can really compare.
i personally didnt like the one from the new trilogy, maybe because of nostalgia or anything else.
The only problem is that every Batmobile since the tumbler has tried to copy it in some way. I kind of miss the sleek, comic book-esk styles of the old Batmobiles.
have your say about which one u prefer most.

I never really liked the TV series, let alone the car tbh.
Was too, well, just a car with a few stickers on it.

The original, original Batmobile was simply a red convertible that looked like Bruce Wayne bought a standard 1940s Oldsmobile and just drove it around when he was in the Batsuit.

Burton's 1989 Batmobile was definitely a step in the right direction.
It looked nothing like anything that had come before it. It took a few elements from the 1941 Batmobile and the 1954 and 1964 Batmobile, but the 1989 was a solid design.

The Tumbler from Nolan's movies reminded me of the 1986 Bat-Tank, just sleeker.
The Tumbler though is badass.

Personally, I like the newest one in Batman V Superman.
Fast, sounds good, looks great... plus the new Batplane is awesome too. All the other vehicles have been tools, like an extension of the Batbelt, they served a purpose and looked awesome and flashy.
The new vehicles in BvS are designed for the soul purpose of kicking ass, with a few tools attached for extra toughness... which is exactly what Batman's vehicles should be.

One thing I like the most, is it's not seen a huge amount. You get to see what it's capable of while Batpants is chasing the baddies through the city, but it has no real reveal like Burton's did in the scene where Vicki Vale asks "Which one?" and the camera then cuts and the music starts... the new vehicles are underplayed a lot but still give a good show when they're used.

I loved Batman Begins, but hated the Batmobile.

The most ridiculous thing was that it laid him down on his stomach in order to jump or fire missiles? First, that's virtually impossible to do in a car - think about the mechanics - how do you go from seated position to a face-down, prone position while continuing to drive? Second, what would be the point? Why waste all the time to put the driver in a bizarre position for the vehicle to carry out one of its immediate functions? It's like saying a fighter jet pilot would have to lay down to fire his guns while piloting the plane rather than just push a button on his control wheel? It made no sense. (The movie was supposed to be realistic, but it had this weird, impossible and illogical car thing in it.)

Lastly, it was just an ugly little thing that didn't look like a car - fine for one of his specialty vehicles, but not the definitive Batmobile.

i ve always found it that a superhero should have a bad ass car, and since i knew about batman since i was a kid i found the design fascinating of the batmobile when i watched the 1989 film and the 1966 show.
The one from the '89 movie is cool and takes the design in an interesting new direction, and even the tank-like modern movie versions have their charm. But I just can't get over the old original TV one. When it's done right the first time, nothing else can really compare.
i personally didnt like the one from the new trilogy, maybe because of nostalgia or anything else.
The only problem is that every Batmobile since the tumbler has tried to copy it in some way. I kind of miss the sleek, comic book-esk styles of the old Batmobiles.
have your say about which one u prefer most.
It's the Tumbler and Batpod for me. I love the Bat as well, and actually I think the Batwing in 1989 worked even better than the Batmobile. The "shields" bit was ludicrous, and still was in Batman Returns no matter how many more moveable parts were added!

I loved Batman Begins, but hated the Batmobile.

The most ridiculous thing was that it laid him down on his stomach in order to jump or fire missiles? First, that's virtually impossible to do in a car - think about the mechanics - how do you go from seated position to a face-down, prone position while continuing to drive? Second, what would be the point? Why waste all the time to put the driver in a bizarre position for the vehicle to carry out one of its immediate functions? It's like saying a fighter jet pilot would have to lay down to fire his guns while piloting the plane rather than just push a button on his control wheel? It made no sense. (The movie was supposed to be realistic, but it had this weird, impossible and illogical car thing in it.)

Lastly, it was just an ugly little thing that didn't look like a car - fine for one of his specialty vehicles, but not the definitive Batmobile.

The Burton Batmobile was able to turn itself into what was essentially a motorbike with a roof when that skinny alleyway showed up in Returns and nobody batted (ha!) an eyelid.

The one from arkham game, lol. But I think it's still in the same contention with 90s batmobile, and I remember mindblowingly it can drive through the wall vertically

But now I feel tumbler is way more cool, unique and weird. I used to hate it at first, even the whole movie before I start interested, bcoz I heard it more realism, serious compare the 90s etc

Just checking over a website about the Batmobile...

Can you believe there's been a new Batmobile design almost every 2 years since 1939?

That pic is posted above is just a pic of the most well known.

Addition, since 2010, there's been 32 different Batmobiles... and in 2008-2009 there was 24...

Nuts how many there are tbh.

Addition, since 2010, there's been 32 different Batmobiles... and in 2008-2009 there was 24...

Nuts how many there are tbh.

As far as comics go, I guess it's because most artists want to give their own version of what they think the car should look like - and I'm assuming that artists these days are rotated on & off books at a pretty rapid pace.

Have a gander here... just use the pop-up list on the left to scan the different years and what media they appeared in... great site for Batfans.
http://www.batmobilehistory.com/1939...-batmobile.php

i personally forgot to mention that i like the batman forever batmobile, such cool looking design