Big Bang Theory Spin-off in the works

Tools    

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-at-cbs-944826

"Co-creators Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady as well as showrunner Steve Molaro will oversee the project.
CBS is looking to keep TV's No. 1 comedy series going — with a twist.

Sources say the comedy, from Big Bang co-creators Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady and overseen by showrunner Steve Molaro, will center around the young version of Emmy winner Jim Parsons' Dr. Sheldon Cooper. Insiders describe the project as Malcolm in the Middle but with a young and potentially teenage version of Sheldon. None of the Big Bang Theory cast are said to be involved in the potential prequel series outside of Parsons, who will executive produce.

CBS and Big Bang producers Warner Bros. Television declined comment. The project, which is said to have landed at CBS with a sizable penalty attached, will be a single-camera comedy — a shift from Big Bang's traditional multicamera format. Additional details about the project are being kept under wraps"

Ugh. Who really cares about seeing prequels? It's the past! The future is more interesting.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-at-cbs-944826

"Co-creators Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady as well as showrunner Steve Molaro will oversee the project.
CBS is looking to keep TV's No. 1 comedy series going — with a twist.

Sources say the comedy, from Big Bang co-creators Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady and overseen by showrunner Steve Molaro, will center around the young version of Emmy winner Jim Parsons' Dr. Sheldon Cooper. Insiders describe the project as Malcolm in the Middle but with a young and potentially teenage version of Sheldon. None of the Big Bang Theory cast are said to be involved in the potential prequel series outside of Parsons, who will executive produce.

CBS and Big Bang producers Warner Bros. Television declined comment. The project, which is said to have landed at CBS with a sizable penalty attached, will be a single-camera comedy — a shift from Big Bang's traditional multicamera format. Additional details about the project are being kept under wraps"
Not confident this concept will work at all. Some teenage kid isnt going to capture the nuances of Sheldon Cooper, they brought in a stage actor to play him with Parsons.
I always thought they would do a spinoff with Howard & Bernadette.

I'll admit, after watching the promo I was pretty skeptical. I was mostly skeptical of the kid playing Sheldon. But having seen the pilot episode I think it has a lot of potential. The kid is actually alright, and I like the family dynamic.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'll admit, after watching the promo I was pretty skeptical. I was mostly skeptical of the kid playing Sheldon. But having seen the pilot episode I think it has a lot of potential. The kid is actually alright, and I like the family dynamic.

I love "The Big Bang Theory", and Sheldon is easily my favorite character on the show, so I've been looking forward to "Young Sheldon" since I first heard about it. I agree with you that the show has potential, but it's hard to form any kind of opinion from the pilot episode because there were so many promos released that showed clips from the pilot that I felt like I had already seen almost the entire episode.

I'm looking forward to the second episode so I can get a better feel for the show without already knowing all the best punchlines of the episode.

That's the kid who played Ziggy in Big Little Lies. He was pretty good in that show and had a big role, me and Zotis spent like four pages in the TV Tab debating his storyline actually haha. Obviously i've made my thoughts on Big Bang Theory clear so i won't be watching but the kid is pretty good.