When you were a kid, what scene scared you?

Tools    

I was just a little kid, but one scene scared the high hell out of me. My parents took me along to see The Deep, and it was the scene when they were trying to scare them off by performing voodoo on Jacqueline Bisset. That freaked me out!

Happy Halloween!

The bit in The Mask where he puts the mask on the first time.
Because the mask was offensive to crazy, green faced superheroes, which Jim Carrey's character obviously wasn't?

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	mask.JPG
Views:	1146
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	27596  

The ending of Pit and the Pendulum.
That creepy lady in House on Haunted Hill.
Various moments of the original Haunting.

The ending of Pit and the Pendulum.
That creepy lady in House on Haunted Hill.
Various moments of the original Haunting.
When you were real little, was there a scene from a normal movie that scared you?

Welcome to the human race...
Because the mask was offensive to crazy, green faced superheroes, which Jim Carrey's character obviously wasn't?

I thought you quit?

Anyway, I was thinking of the first thirty seconds of this particular clip. Seeing that on a big screen in surround sound when you're only four years old stands a good chance of freaking you out.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
The Rottweilers in The Omen. Gave me a fear of dogs for a while. That can be hard to deal with if you're a dog-lover like me.

I remember this one made my jaw drop when I was a kid. The scene was the first experience what the movie was like, I didnt see it coming.

I always remember, it was Easter Eve... the egg coloring was done with and my father was in the living room watching a late movie.
It was The Fly (the original). And that final scene in the spider's web terrified me. I had a bad night.
A bad memory associated with what should've been a happy time. (What was that movie doing on then? Maybe it's what they put on after the Ten Commandments.)

And then there was the head popping out of the sunken boat in Jaws!

I want to say when I was about 7 or 8 I saw The Matrix for the first time and something about Neo getting the tracker sucked out of him scared the hell out of me. I had never seen anything like it.

And then there was the head popping out of the sunken boat in Jaws!
I heard a story when my mom and dad saw it. The head bobs out the hole, and she screamed so loud & so suddenly the guy in front of her went down in his seat, then turned around and said "Lady you scared the hell out of me."

The scene in Signs when the alien walks past the birthday party.

What scares me is reading about scenes that scared people when they were little kids... which seem to me like I just saw them in the theater a few years ago!

What scares me is reading about scenes that scared people when they were little kids... which seem to me like I just saw them in the theater a few years ago!
Just like the thread title Im trying to remember being scared by a film bad when little......my mom said I cried and was scared during the dogfight in Lady & The Tramp

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Arachnophobia gave me arachnophobia. Also I watched a scene in the remake of the getaway, a guy hanged himself while another guy has sex with his wife, I found it disturbing, still clear in my memory and I haven't seen the scene since I was 7.

My mom said she had to carry me out of Snow White. I kind of remember that! I was a toddler and it was the wicked queen & magic mirror that got to me.
Thank God, someone on this board who is close to my age. As for scenes that scared me as a kid, the flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz terrified me as did most of the 1963 film The Birds...especially the scene in the attic.