Notorious

Tools    

The power of tabloid television and the power of the media is being accurately skewered in a new ABC series called Notorious that stars two actors who have been on the cusp of stardom for a couple of decades now...Daniel Sunjata and Piper Perabo and if enough people watch, this might be the one to push them over the top. Sunjata and Perabo are charismatic enough and if the writing stays edgy, this could get a full season, though it's definitely not for all tastes...fans of Scandal will have a head start here.

Just finished episode 2 and I really like what's going on here...we seem to be getting one self-contained story that will wrap up each week and one continuing storyline that I guess will go through the entire season if the show is allowed one. Piper Perabo and Daniel Sunjata are killing it and I also love Kevin Zegers as the husband of the murder victim. Also loving Kate Jennings Grant as the sex-crazed host of the television show and the gorgeous Ryan Guzman as Ryan, the son of the station owner who wants to make it big on his own terms even if he has to take short cuts to do it...I'm totally hooked on this one, it's becoming a total guilty pleasure already.

Just finished episode 4 and this show is killing it...Kate Jennings Grant is a riot as the show host and anyone worried that they're going to hook up Piper Perabo and Daniel Sunjata anytime soon need not worry...that's nowhere on the horizon right now and we don't care.

Just finished episode 5 this morning and I'm kicking myself...boy they really had me going right to the very end of the episode...the Oscar Keaton storyline played out brilliantly...a little stretching of credibility and brilliant television nonetheless...loving this show...and Daniel Sunjata.