Bull

Tools    

Former NCIS star Michael Weatherly has been given the chance to take center stage on a series and he seems to be off to a good start. This new CBS series stars Weatherly as Dr. Jason Bull, a criminal psychologist, head of an organization who assists trial attorneys through a very thorough and scientific examination of the jury...gathering information on their personal lives and the social media they click on to determine where they might fall on the side of a particular case. The case in the pilot was made all the more interesting by the fact that the defendant was the heir apparent from a very wealthy family who, at times, seemed more worried about saving face than getting their son acquitted. The show featured some edgy writing and a fantasy element that I won't spoil by exposing it here, but it really was the primary thing that separated this show from all the other courtroom dramas. I think if they keep the clients wealthy, put more emphasis on the aforementioned element of fantasy and keep the camera on Weatherly as much as possible, this one could go at least a full season. I'll be watching as long as it does.

Watched episode two and, to my shock, it was just as interesting as episode 1...nice to see Freddy Rodriguez get a little time center stage and, as he always does, he made the most of it. Usually episode 2 of a new series is such a letdown, but this one wasn't.

After watching episode 3, I just have two things to say: One, can this show find some money in the budget to buy Michael Weatherly a razor and two, more Freddy Rodriguez please...he's awesome.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
We did it again. We watched the first few episodes out of order again. We watched episode 3, followed by episode 1, and then episode 2. Fortunately, I had read a little bit about this show, so I had some idea of what it was supposed to be about, so it wasn't too hard to follow, but I have to take the remote control away from Hubby.

We did it again. We watched the first few episodes out of order again. We watched episode 3, followed by episode 1, and then episode 2. Fortunately, I had read a little bit about this show, so I had some idea of what it was supposed to be about, so it wasn't too hard to follow, but I have to take the remote control away from Hubby.
Well, the episodes here are self-contained, so watching them out of order is not really an issue.

Well, the episodes here are self-contained, so watching them out of order is not really an issue.

Yeah, the order of the episodes doesn't seem to matter much, but it would have been nice to watch the pilot episode first because that's the one that introduces the characters and the premise of the show.

It kind of reminds me a little bit of the show "Rake" with Greg Kinnear (a few years ago). Michael Weatherly's character seems kind of similar to Greg Kinnear's character, but Kinnear's character was actually a lawyer.

Yeah, the order of the episodes doesn't seem to matter much, but it would have been nice to watch the pilot episode first because that's the one that introduces the characters and the premise of the show.

It kind of reminds me a little bit of the show "Rake" with Greg Kinnear (a few years ago). Michael Weatherly's character seems kind of similar to Greg Kinnear's character, but Kinnear's character was actually a lawyer.
OMG, I loved Rake! I thought I was the only person on the planet who was watching that show.

OMG, I loved Rake! I thought I was the only person on the planet who was watching that show.

I don't know if I would say that I loved "Rake", but I liked it a lot, and I watched it every week. I was disappointed when It was cancelled so soon. I like Greg Kinnear, and I think he's an underrated actor.

I heard that the American version of "Rake" was based on an Australian version of "Rake", and that was a more successful show. I don't know what was different in that version, but I'd be interested in seeing a few episodes of the Australian version to see how the two shows differ.

Episode 4 was a lot of fun...liked watching the gang go on the road and I've also decided that Aubrey Plaza from Parks and Recreation should be playing Cable.

Just finished episode 7 and there's another element of this show that I really like. The initial draw for me with this show was the fantasy element of the jurors communicating their feelings to Bull (Michael Weatherly), but what I'm also loving here is watching Bull train the defense attorney during jury selection...I love the fact that they never understand the questions that Bull asks the potential jurors but when the jury selection process works, they always look like they did it and Bull had nothing to do with it and Bull doesn't seem to mind.

I liked this show right from the start, but it took me a few episodes to warm up to Michael Weatherly. At first, it felt like he was just a know-it-all who was trying to show everyone up, but as the show goes on, he's becoming much more likable.

I know that his character is based on Dr. Phil, but I don't watch Dr. Phil's show, so I'm not too familiar with him. Does Dr. Phil really act like that? (Like he's better than everyone else?)

I liked this show right from the start, but it took me a few episodes to warm up to Michael Weatherly. At first, it felt like he was just a know-it-all who was trying to show everyone up, but as the show goes on, he's becoming much more likable.

I know that his character is based on Dr. Phil, but I don't watch Dr. Phil's show, so I'm not too familiar with him. Does Dr. Phil really act like that? (Like he's better than everyone else?)
I didn't know the character was based on Dr. Phil...I wouldn't know, I have never watched an entire episode of Dr. Phil. My mother watches it faithfully though.

I didn't know the character was based on Dr. Phil...I wouldn't know, I have never watched an entire episode of Dr. Phil. My mother watches it faithfully though.

It's not a biography about Dr. Phil, but him in his early career inspired the character.

Here's a link to one of many articles about it:
http://deadline.com/2016/08/bull-tca...aw-1201801403/