Lights Out

→ in
Tools    

For me I feel it's hard to find a really good scary movie that makes me jump. Now don't get me wrong certain things makes me jump. This movie got me to actually jump out of the chair. Now it's a little cheesy at parts. The ending is completely unexpected. Relatively it's a good horror movie. I like how it shows some light on how a mentally ill persons mind works. Some parts are just classic don't go in there, turn around and stuff like that. Overall I like the complexity and story line.

In the new era of horror flicks came a movie that revitalized the genre with a fresh concept and good story that brought chills to its viewers , Lights Out is a movie that plays with the classic fear of the dark taking it to a complete different level.

although it has some of the modern horror formula the story makes it unique and exciting for horror fans of all generations, the acting was on point and the jump scares are well done. This movie raised the bar pretty high for all the horror flicks that are coming soon.

The fact that the movie is based on a short film of the same name is amazing not to mention that it was directed by David F. Sandberg the same guy that directed the short film. They even uses the actress of the short film in the movie.

This kind of movies make me believe that great things are coming for the horror genre.

I used to have fear of the dark so "Lights Out" totally resonated with me. It portrayed darkness ghost realistically. The movie itself was not spectacular but very much watchable. Horror is having revival after 2000s fiasco with slashers and carbon copy ghost and possession flicks. There's more variety now and there's more cash/ professionalism behind new releases.

That's true but sometimes when movies have big budgets they tend to use to much CGI that ruins the monsters or ghosts in this case the portrait of the ghost was very good and that something that i liked a lot in that movie.

Horror is great medium to express ideas. Also, minimalistic approach usually works for the better. Excessive horror can be good too if it is visceral and symbolic (The Descent 2005). Excess for it's own sake isn't something I enjoy.

There's an idea on how they could have killed her: Use the blacklight and a metal stick through her head, as she disappears whenever shot at (light from the gun).... Just in case there will be part two. Like they said she gets into people's head and who knows which head she used this time SPOILER for the future

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Lights Out was a decent horror film. In-comparison to what oftentimes hit theaters, films like The Forest or Annabelle, the film might even be considered above-average. The characters are crafted with the minimum amount of care and the narrative itself has some interesting moments in it as well. While watching it, the film resonated with me as having certain themes of depression in it, though, I am unsure whether or not that was intentional or if I was grasping at straws. This is a film that really doesn't need a sequel, but with almost 150 million off a 5 million dollar budget, it's no surprise that it will be the recipient of one.