Why was the bone collector critically bashed?

→ in
Tools    

This is my own review of this crime thriller , i found it a guilty pleasure, denzel washington was very good in this, i always liked denzel washington acting, he s one of last best actors of old school, and on of the 90s best stars.
Angelina jolie gives her role a fresh take of a detective being fathered by a veteran cop, showing nuances to her role in the movie, special attention to the music and theme of the movie which is disturbing and intriguing at the same time.
Its a nice experience to sit through, because the quality of the acting is good and. Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie create characters we really like; there's chemistry when they're together.
We are left very late until we know who the killer is and this reminds me of other thrillers we had in the 90s such as along came a spider and kiss the girls.
Most of the plot consists of a series of set-ups requiring jolie to enter dark, dangerous places all by herself,
My only complain here is that why was it so critically bashed, i mean it has suspense and it has a nice plot and good acting, what do critics need more than this?

Have your say

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
I didn't realize it was considered a critical failure. I actually liked it myself, and had no complaints.