Old Movie About a Magician

Tools    

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for the name of an old movie that was shown on tv in the US, and could really use some help.

It's live action and in English.
It was likely in color.
Could be wrong, but it likely came out before 2000, probably in the 1980's.

It's about a magician.

There's a scene where a woman has a tooth problem and he makes it travel down her arm to her finger.
He cuts off her finger and eats it. But it turns out to be a carrot.

There's a kid who's father is a crime boss or something like that.
The magician befriends this kid.
The father has the magician killed.

The movie ends with dirt on a kitchen floor.
The kid is kicking the dirt around with his foot, and the dirt looks like the magician's face.
The credits start rolling over the face.

If you have any idea of what it might be, I'd really appreciate it!

Geez....what's there really a movie like that?

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for the name of an old movie that was shown on tv in the US, and could really use some help.

It's live action and in English.
It was likely in color.
Could be wrong, but it likely came out before 2000, probably in the 1980's.

It's about a magician.

There's a scene where a woman has a tooth problem and he makes it travel down her arm to her finger.
He cuts off her finger and eats it. But it turns out to be a carrot.

There's a kid who's father is a crime boss or something like that.
The magician befriends this kid.
The father has the magician killed.

The movie ends with dirt on a kitchen floor.
The kid is kicking the dirt around with his foot, and the dirt looks like the magician's face.
The credits start rolling over the face.

If you have any idea of what it might be, I'd really appreciate it!
You're going to love this. It's one of my favourite films, Harlequin, with Robert Powell and David Hemmings.

Of course the basis of the idea comes from Rasputin and his involvement with the Russian royal family.

You're going to love this. It's one of my favourite films, Harlequin, with Robert Powell and David Hemmings.
That's it! Thanks so much! Been looking for it for years.
Looks like I got some details wrong, but with that carrot finger scene, and the ending credits over the dirt face, there's no doubt that's the one.

Thanks again!

That's it! Thanks so much! Been looking for it for years.
Looks like I got some details wrong, but with that carrot finger scene, and the ending credits over the dirt face, there's no doubt that's the one.

Thanks again!
You're welcome, and thank you everyone for the reputation points – 10 so far. That's got to be a record, for me at least.

It's a very unusual film and I should watch it again. Haven't seen it in ages. I think maybe if you'd just mentioned the finger scene I may have got there eventually but you remembered so many little details it was easy. It's great when you know immediately what the film is but this is only maybe the second or third time I've been able to help.