Was Anyone Let Down By Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Tools    

No matter how many times I watch Raiders, I always have the same feeling. Very well made (especially for it's time), Ford is good, the action scenes are exciting and thrilling but it is just too slow, boring, has poor writing and the characters are not compelling. And OH MY GOD how cliche is/are the villain/s. Crusade is my favorite, the only one I think is great. Temple is No. 2 for me, mainly because of nostalgia (it was my first Indy movie and I watched it all the time as a kid) but also it is just more enjoyable and I love the dark direction it took. Crystal Skull is meh. Not good, but not as bad as people say. It is just a nothing to me. A forgettable but watchable movie. Does anyone agree with me on any of these points?

P.S Just so you know, I love slow movies in general. Blade Runner, Alien and 12 Angry Men are some of my favorites.

Agree. Though I haven't seen Crystal Skull - and from what I hear, I never need to.

I have the first three trilogy set (on VHS no less!), but whenever I think about watching them again, I end up watching something else (if that tells you anything.)
I wouldn't mind seeing Last Crusade again, but I haven't seen any of them in so long I feel like I should watch all of them.

Here's a question - for a rewatching, should I view Temple of Doom first since (if memory serves) it chronologically takes place before Raiders?

Agree. Though I haven't seen Crystal Skull - and from what I hear, I never need to.

I have the first three trilogy set (on VHS no less!), but whenever I think about watching them again, I end up watching something else (if that tells you anything.)
I wouldn't mind seeing Last Crusade again, but I haven't seen any of them in so long I feel like I should watch all of them.

Here's a question - for a rewatching, should I view Temple of Doom first since (if memory serves) it chronologically takes place before Raiders?
You could but even though Temple is before Raiders, it does not make much of a difference.

Raiders Of The Lost Ark is an incredible movie. Possibly what all adventure movies are measured against.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was a great film.

That is all.

The only disappointment is that it has Raiders in the title. Should have been called Broncos of the Lost Ark.

Raiders Of The Lost Ark is an incredible movie. Possibly what all adventure movies are measured against.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was a great film.

That is all.
Well, that is your opinion. I feel I need to say that.

Raiders has always been my least favorite of the original trilogy, though I do like it. It just never struck me as being as much fun as the other two. Temple of Doom is and always will be my favorite.

I can't tell you how many times people talk about their opinions on movies as if they are fact. So I do need to say that, so we are all on the same page.

I can't tell you how many times people talk about their opinions on movies as if they are fact. So I do need to say that, so we are all on the same page.
Some people mix up facts and opinions. Just like Bing Bong!

Don't see how what he said could be interpreted as anything other than his opinion.

Don't see how what he said could be interpreted as anything other than his opinion.
He said Raiders IS an incredible movie. Not I BELIEVE or I THINK it is an incredible movie. If you just say it IS something, you are presenting that something as an objective fact.

He said Raiders IS an incredible movie. Not I BELIEVE or I THINK it is an incredible movie. If you just say it IS something, you are presenting that something as an objective fact.
Semantics.

Jesus, you really shouldn't have to use qualifying words in every one of your posts

"You like Citizen Kane, I don't"
"Was anyone let down by Raiders"

I see, so you come here trying to start fights, huh kid?
I hope you are being sarcastic, if not then that is rude. My "User Title" is just a fact about me and how some people need to understand that film is subjective. I am not trying to pick fights, I am just trying to be nice and ask if anyone agrees with my opinion. I don't mind discussion. But your comment does not seem like part of any discussion.

I really don't think everybody needs to qualify every single post they make on a movie forum with "I believe" or "I think." This isn't a debate club. That's not a school paper he's writing. It's just a post on an internet forum. The vast majority of things posted on here are opinions and anyone believing otherwise is a fool.