Camos 35 Favourite Horror Films

→ in
Tools    

Thought i'd throw together another short list since i have been so into Horror films lately. I decided on 35 because i think that is roughly the amount i really like to love. Obviously some won't consider some of these Horror films, and there were a few that would have made it that i don't consider horror films. For instance SE7EN and Jaws would have made my list but i don't think of them as horror films.

Will post the first five shortly.

35.Black Sunday - Mario Bava (1960)

34.The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari - Robert Wiene (1920)

33.Dawn of the Dead - Zack Snyder (2004)

32.Ginger Snaps - John Fawcett (2000)

31.It Follows - David Robert Mitchell (2015)

30.The Babadook - Jennifer Kent (2014)

29.The Lost Boys - Joel Schumacer (1987)

28.An American Werewolf in London - John Landis (1981)

27.The Exorcist 3 - William Peter Blatty (1990)

26.Dawn of the Dead - George Romero (1978)

I like 4 out of 5 there camo😀

I didn't like Exorcist 3 for some reason it just didn't interest me like the original.

Well not to ruin this list but anyone who knows me here knows the original will be a lot higher. It is the only other Exorcist film i like, it has a really creepy atmosphere and some great performances.

Glad you like most so far

Well not to ruin this list but anyone who knows me here knows the original will be a lot higher. It is the only other Exorcist film i like, it has a really creepy atmosphere and some great performances.

Glad you like most so far
I think I know what #1 will be. Either way I like your selections so far. I also like that the original Dawn is over the remake. Though I really like both.

I think I know what #1 will be. Either way I like your selections so far. I also like that the original Dawn is over the remake. Though I really like both.
I actually preferred the remake until i rewatched both last year

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I always though that "Dawn" was Snyder at his best and was a great re-imagining of a classic. I'm glad it's almost consensus amongst horror fans at this point that the remake was solid because it was a different iteration of the same story and thankfully not a shot for shot remake! Which was actually why I enjoyed the reboot of The Evil Dead as much as I did, because it was a familiar story and setting, but with a whole new angle.

I always though that "Dawn" was Snyder at his best and was a great re-imagining of a classic. I'm glad it's almost consensus amongst horror fans at this point that the remake was solid because it was a different iteration of the same story and thankfully not a shot for shot remake! Which was actually why I enjoyed the reboot of The Evil Dead as much as I did, because it was a familiar story and setting, but with a whole new angle.
Yeah, i'm really surprised at how well received the Dawn remake was. Usually no matter the quality of the remake there will be large numbers of fans who will just not be able to accept it because they love the original so much.

Not seen The Evil Dead remake, what is worse is you just reminded me i didn't include any of them . Oh well, they can be honourary mentions, they would have only made the bottom 10 or 15 anyway.

Last five today, will post the top 20 tomorrow.

25.Interview With The Vampire - Neil Jordan (1994)

24.The Wicker Man - Robin Hardy (1973)

23.The House of the Devil - Ti West (2009)

22.Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Don Siegel (1956)

21. A Nightmare on Elm Street - Wes Craven (1984)

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I don't personally consider "Interview" as a horror, but it is a good film. Nice inclusion of "Invasion" though, an often overlooked classic.