Top 18 Legend of Zelda Games

Tools    

Subjective List (my personal opinion)
  1. A Link Between Worlds (3DS, 2013) - I replayed this one the most. I loved the 2D-3D puzzles. I love the amount of player freedom and that you can complete levels in different orders Everything was just designed so well.
  2. A Link to the Past (SNES, 1991) - This game is full of many great dungeons, a good narrative, lots of items and content. It's perfect.
  3. Ocarina of Time (N64, 1998) - This is the most well rounded 3D Zelda game with an impressive variety of vistas and near-perfect gameplay.
  4. Link's Awakening (GB, 1993) - Link is in a dream world and I like the atmosphere and story. All of the dungeons are great and it has the classic Zelda feel to it.
  5. Skyward Sword (Wii, 2011) - This game has flaws. But I love the unique impressionistic art style, innovative puzzles and the motion control combat.
  6. Twilight Princess (GCN, 2006) - First 3 hours are terrible but it develops thereon, but I love the characters and the large labyrinthine dungeons.
  7. The Wind Waker (GCN, 2003) - I enjoy the art style, the story. The dungeons are kind of light but the gameplay is great nonetheless.
  8. Legend of Zelda (NES, 1986) - It's a really accessible game that gives the player lots of freedom. It's aged well.
  9. Oracle of Ages (GBC, 2001) - This is the Zelda game with the best puzzles, bar none.
  10. Majora's Mask (N64, 2000) - I like how this game subverted the formula with a Groundhog Day time travel system.
  11. Oracle of Seasons (GBC, 2001) - Really good game, with lots of dungeons, items, and fresh ideas. Having to repeat dungeons after dying in difficult combat keeps this out of the top 10.
  12. Phantom Hourglass (DS, 2007) - I like the mellowness of the game and the touch controls/puzzles. The backtracking really hurt the game though.
  13. The Minish Cap (GBA, 2005) - It's a good fun game and all but it does nothing to innovate.
  14. Four Sword Adventures (GCN, 2004) - It's a pretty average game. Too bad it requires 4 GBA's for multiplayer.
  15. Adventure of Link (NES, 1988) - I like the gameplay but the overworld is bad and the difficulty is way too draconian.
  16. Tri-Force Heroes (3DS, 2015) - Was fun for a few days but it wasn't anything special.
  17. Spirit Tracks (DS, 2009) - It's Phantom Hourglass 1.5 except with a slow linear train system that ruins the whole experience.
  18. Four Swords (GBA, 2002) - Was an hour of fun. Then I ignored it.

How many times I beat each Zelda game

4:
A Link Between Worlds
3: A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess
2: Legend of Zelda (NES), Link's Awakening, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, Skyward Sword
1: Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, The Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass
0: Adventure of Link, Four Sword Adventures, Four Swords, Spirit Tracks, Tri-Force Heroes

What about the three CD-i Legend of Zelda games? I imagine they'd be at the very bottom of the list haha. But if you add two of them you've got a Top 20 which seems like a nicer number for some reason.

Majora's Mask being so far down your list seems a bit criminal to me though. Especially having it lower than Link's Awakening and Skyward Sword. Our top 3 is the same, though I'm not sure what order I'd personally put them in. Maybe Link to the Past first because I'm a sucker for nostalgia haha.

1. A Link To The Past (SNES)
The rest

It took me a year to complete that SNES game. No other videogame has ever had such longevity, playability or re-playability.
I mean, on a more powerful machine that uses a disc, I still hammered through Halo in 3 hours. Black on the PS2 took me about 60 minutes.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm in the middle of Ocarina right now. I don't play it everyday so it has been a slow adventure but a fun one. My favorite may be that or Links Awakening.

Speaking of those games, the 3DS updates/ports of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are actually pretty decent. Only complaint is that I had played the N64 games so many times that the buttons for the ocarina notes are just muscle memory now, so having a different setup on the 3DS really threw me of.

A found a bug in a link to the past... it ended up in nintendo power.
There was a river you could wiggle your way into at a certain spot.. then when you transition up the screen to the next part of the map you're walking on air, swimming on land, etc it's all kinds of messed up.

I've only played a handful of link games but judging by this list I played all the best ones.
I really enjoyed them and I think that zelda would make a great film.

Zelda was my character of choice for super smash brothers
Teleporting and throwing fireballs was fun.

Got Link Between Worlds on my shelf. Been putting it off cause I know it'll be good (I booted it up once and I got a MASSIVE rush of nostalgia for Link to the Past).

A Link to the Past is one of my favourite games of all time. A Link Between Worlds is an appropriate follow-up that evokes a lot of nostalgia for LttP while providing more than enough new experiences. I was not particularly a fan of the whole "turn into a 2D picture" gimmick, but the game does manage to do some interesting things with it.

Also, while it lacks the sinister tone of the original score, the violin re-mix of the old Dark World theme is amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=rCJBI0BCIoc