Roger Dodger 8/10

→ in
Tools    

Surprised I couldnt find a review for this breath of fresh air from last year. Far more than just a fluff romantic piece or coming of age story this film delivers in a genre I usually dont enjoy.

The true star is the script which is well written and attacks many cliched situations from an alternate angle. A complete original this film contains genuine belly laughs as well as heart felt emotion and memorable charecters. Best of all it's a film that has something to say and gets its message across with skill.

All the cast (even Elizabeth Berkley) deliver well thought out charecterizations and the director helms it all with a confident hand that is not afraid to follow thru on issues usually steered clear of by this type of film.

Definetly a must see for fans of the genre and for those who just appreciate a really well written piece of entertainment that keeps teh viewer constanly engaged.

It was beauty killed the beast.
It's a nice little film. Kong doesn't even know what genre he would classify this film under though. To call it a sex comedy would make it sound like American Pie or so other movie that it isn't, but there problably isn't a better label. Anyways, it's defintely worth a look to those of you who haven't seen it.

*** of ****

Hey gang, thought Id bump this one back to the top because it really is not to be missed- in a world littered with one dimensional Rom/coms that deliver nothing more than a sick feeling in your stomach, the Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks style charecters whos whole life hinges on finding a mate.....this one is truly a breath of frsh air much like RUSHMORE or TADPOLE..

Do yourselves a favor and give this one a chance instead of Gigli or Just Married etc.....you will be pleasantly surprised

Roger Dodger is by far one of the most underrated films of last year. The script is excellent, and it should have been nominated for something. THis is the kind of film you can watch 3 - 4 times and still discover something new in the dialogue.

Campell Scott really came through in this role. I really had no respect for him until he did this movie, and now I think this performance makes him one of the better actors right now. You really can't help but love his character, even though he is such a male chauvanist - the smart dialogue makes you hang on every word he says.

Excellent film, I give it a 9/10.