Nepotism In Film?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
There's a lot of people who got jobs in the movie industry not because of their talent or even looks, but because of their last name, or a connection with someone in the industry, or in politics, or just rich.

Maybe YOU deserved a job that went to someone else?

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Most recent one I can think of is Billie Lourd getting a role in Star Wars because of her mother, Carrie Fisher. To be fair to them though, it was a very brief cameo, and she was brilliant on Scream Queens so it's not as if she can't act, because she certainly can.

Chris Columbus' daughter, Eleanor, was the only American actress to appear in the first two Harry Potter films. Again though, she has a cameo role, but he always conveniently placed her next to major characters at whatever chance he could get

And then there are the famous examples, like Jane Fonda and Jamie Lee Curtis, but they're both terrific actresses and worthy of the roles they receive.

But Jaden and Willow Smith would have never got anywhere close to where they are today had it not been for their parents (*insert Jada's racist picture *)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Christian Slater had a small role in the movie Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country because his mother, Mary Jo Slater, was the casting director, and he's a big Star Trek fan. He even got to wear the pants that William Shatner wore in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
"Dad?"

I wonder if Francis was happy that Wynona Ryder had to back out.

Also, Connie is Francis' sister, who I don't think did a good job. She was good in Rocky I though. Maybe it was just the shy character?

Mark Rydell directed a film called For the Boys starring Bette Midler and James Caan and cast his son, Christopher, in a very important role as Midler's grown son and it was a huge detriment to the film. Christopher also appeared in another of his father's films, On Golden Pond. but he only appeared in one scene in that one.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
"Dad?"

I wonder if Francis was happy that Wynona Ryder had to back out.

Also, Connie is Francis' sister, who I don't think did a good job. She was good in Rocky I though. Maybe it was just the shy character?
Ms Ryder thought he was furious, she approached him with the idea to adapt Dracula as a sort of apology!

But Jaden and Willow Smith would have never got anywhere close to where they are today had it not been for their parents (*insert Jada's racist picture *)
I think you can knock the "s" off the last word in that sentence.