My Worst Television Spinoff List

Tools    

I have no idea what you mean?
I mean that you've seen enough of it to really assess whether you like it or not.

Great list Gideon, I've only heard of a few of these clunker spin offs. I wonder if the Brady Bunch Variety Hour will be making an appearance.

I put the variety hour on my favorite spinoff list, but fear not, the Brady Bunch will be making another appearance on this list.

I was just looking it up -- it changed a lot, actually. Even Full House didn't actually remain on that TGIF lineup forever. I thought it did, but it appears it didn't after the early '90s. It must have moved to another night. Probably to a better night because I'm not sure if Friday night was actually the best night for hit shows.
Yeah, if memory serves, Full House appeared on several different days on ABC's schedule.

Flo

Polly Holliday got a lot of laughs on the CBS series Alice, so they decided to spin the character off into her own show. Even the late Geoffrey Lewis got involved in this hot mess.

AfterM*A*S*H

This was a rare bad spinoff of a classic series that actually ran for a whole season and a half. This show found Colonel Potter (Harry Morgan), Klinger (Jamie Farr), and Father Mulcahy (William Christopher) back home and working together at a military hospital. This was a nice idea but...I don't know...the original series ran eleven seasons and maybe they should have just rested on their laurels.

The Parkers

I don't know whose idea it was to create a spinoff from a less than mediocre sitcom like Moesha, but they should be spanked.. Moesha's best friend Nikki (Countess Vaughn) was given her own show centered around her and her mother (Mo'Nique) going to college together. If someone had told me that the mother from The Parkers would win an Oscar someday, I would have said they were high.

The Tortellis

I don't know why NBC thought anyone would care about the sleazy ex-husband of Carla Tortelli (Rhea Perlman) and his remarriage to a statusque blonde (Jean Kasem) that defies explanation, but they tried to shove it down our throats anyway.

The Cleveland Show

Imagine my shock that the most annoying character on Family Guy was actually spun off into his own show...bad idea.

Never watched The Tortellis, always thought it sounded awful i quite liked Carla but felt she had the weakest episodes and her ex husband was really annoying.

Not sure how Family Guy fans can call The Cleveland Show awful, it really isn't that much worse than Family Guy. Both are trash.

Never watched The Tortellis, always thought it sounded awful i quite liked Carla but felt she had the weakest episodes and her ex husband was really annoying.

Not sure how Family Guy fans can call The Cleveland Show awful, it really isn't that much worse than Family Guy. Both are trash.
Yes, Camo, you have made your feelings about Family Guy clear on other threads.

Booker

Richard Grieco's guest appearance on 21 Jump Street actually led to his getting his own series; u\nfortunately, the spinoff wasn't able to survive merely on Grieco's smoldering good looks.

Grady

This spinoff from Sanford and Son found Fred's best friend Grady (Whitman Mayo) moving from the junkyard to a middle class neighborhood to live with his daughter and her family...no one cared.

The Pebbles and Bamm- Bamm Show

This spinoff of The Flintstones focused on Fred's daughter and Barney's adopted son as teenage girlfriend/boyfriend and their friends. Sally Struthers provided the voice of Pebbles.

David Cassidy: Man Undercover

This lame attempt of NBC's to revive David Cassidy's acting career was actually a spin-off from a two hour episode of Police Story.

704 Hauser

Almost 20 years after the demise of All in the Family, someone decided it would be a cute idea to move a black family into Archie Bunker's house. One of the weakest premises for a sequel ever...BTW, one of the stars of this show was John Amos, who was the star of another All in the Family spinoff called Good Times.