Children of Dune

→ in
Tools    

hey peeps just wondering if anyone saw this three part movie and actually understood all of it?

the meaning is somewhat blurred to me.

any thoughts?

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

alright, im gonna assume you've seen the first Dune miniseries (and i must say that the books are light years ahead of the miniseries and highly suggest reading them). The whole point of the children of dune miniseries is the constantly mentioned GOLDEN PATH that Leto II, Paul Maud'Dib's son constantly refers to. what he means by this golden path is that maud'dib, has become addicted to his presience ability (ability to see the future). He has picked a path, a future, from his visions and goes about setting humanity on that path. the problem is, as Paul Maud'dib soon realizes, is that he has locked humanity onto a path of complete prediction, one that inevitably will lead to the destruction of the human race. Pauls son Leto II, who is also presience, realizes his father's mistake, and will attempt to in some way lead humanity out of the path of destruction that his father has set before them. This is why Leto II constantly speaks about how he will have to destroy his father's legacy, because it is Paul Maud'Dib's addiction to knowing the future that is leading humanity to the abyss. let me know if you have other questions, love talking about dune

ah thx, that cleared it up for me more or less

is there going to be a continuation of how his son goes about doing this?