top action movie in 2015

Tools    

Mad Max: Fury Road.

No competition. That movie delivered action like there was no tomorrow. But Furious 7 and Jurassic World come very close. M:I-5 not far behind either. But Fury Road was the best all-out no excuses action film.

Mad Max: Fury Road.

No competition. That movie delivered action like there was no tomorrow. But Furious 7 and Jurassic World come very close. M:I-5 not far behind either. But Fury Road was the best all-out no excuses action film.
I'd put Rouge Nation ahead of Fury Road. It's probably just personal taste, both were mighty impressive in their action sequences. I just prefer the realism of M:1-5 over the fantasy world/stunts of Mad Max. While a guy shooting fireworks out of a guitar while riding a war machine looks cool I am constantly reminded I am watching a movie because I'll never see that. But with Rouge Nation the stunts are practical, even if still impossible, I'm not reminded as much that I am watching a movie.

Plus all the hub bub about Mad Max being a feminist movie I feel like Rouge Nation did more for women than Mad Max did. Rebbecca Ferguson is going replace Tom Cruise in the franchise as the lead. If not she should. That's how good she was. I'd argue she stole the show from Cruise. Proving ladies can be just as badass as men.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I'd put Rouge Nation ahead of Fury Road. It's probably just personal taste, both were mighty impressive in their action sequences. I just prefer the realism of M:1-5 over the fantasy world/stunts of Mad Max. While a guy shooting fireworks out of a guitar while riding a war machine looks cool I am constantly reminded I am watching a movie because I'll never see that. But with Rouge Nation the stunts are practical, even if still impossible, I'm not reminded as much that I am watching a movie.

Plus all the hub bub about Mad Max being a feminist movie I feel like Rouge Nation did more for women than Mad Max did. Rebbecca Ferguson is going replace Tom Cruise in the franchise as the lead. If not she should. That's how good she was. I'd argue she stole the show from Cruise. Proving ladies can be just as badass as men.
One of the elements I hated about Rogue Nation was the fact there was so much that WASN'T real. So much that felt fake and with dumb CGI. Like when Cruise got sucked into the airplane, he would've totally broke his back by the looks of it - and it was done CG. Then there was the multiple car flip - clear CG and it looked bad. Then there was the underwater sequence - except for Cruise actually being in the water, everything around him was CG and rather unconvincing, though intensely executed by the director to some degree.

"with Rogue Nation the stunts are practical" you say, yet Mad Max did at least 80% of it ALL practical. CG was mostly used to remove wires and for the backdrop. Mad Max Fury Road is one of the most heavy practical action movies to be released in a while, don't know what you are talking about here.

And you bash the action for being set in what you call a "fantasy world", but I don't see how that makes the action less impressive? Sure, there's a guy with a guitar with fire coming out of it - but it's real fire. That's just world building, creating a mad and crazy world. I can see what you mean that it reminds you it's not set in reality, but it doesn't harm the action elements in my opinion...

Rebbecca Ferguson is going replace Tom Cruise in the franchise as the lead.
That's a ridiculous statement to make - unless you're talking 10-20 years out when tom cruise is too old to be an action star anymore.

Tom Cruise is the producer for mission impossible why would he replace himself in his own movie series? MI is the first film he ever produced.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
John Wick hands down. down. AtC has a point though, Point Break looks killer. Movies don't get released on Christmas for no good reason.

Thanks to the Big Short and it's ridiculous limited release, I won't see PB till next year.

Out of what I've seen-

1. San Andreas
2. The Equalizer
3. John Wick
4. Run All Night
5. Jurassic World
6. Fury Road

I enjoyed the first 3 and thought the last 3 were mediocre.

Master of My Domain
Out of what I've seen-

1. San Andreas
2. The Equalizer
3. John Wick
4. Run All Night
5. Jurassic World
6. Fury Road

I enjoyed the first 3 and thought the last 3 were mediocre.
Dude you need to see Rogue Nation.

Have you seen Jack Reacher or The Way of the Gun?
Same writer/director as rogue nation.
Haven't seen Jack Reacher and I wasn't a fan of Way of the Gun. I thought Ryan Phillippee was terrible.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
My favorites:

Mad Max Fury Road
Snowpiercer
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (don't tell me this isn't an action picture. It definitely is.)
John Wick
Kingsman: The Secret Service

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I thought action movies were the big black hole of 2015. I was disappointed by most of them. Watch Mad Max and MI5 and relive 2014. There were at least half a dozen memorable ones from last year.