Fight scene - champ ko'd in corner

Tools    

Hey all. Hope you can help me with the name of a movie. Likely a few years old by now. Only got a small part of the plot. New guy in town enters dinner and asks who he needs to speak to in order to get a fight in this town. Gets a match with the local boxing champ. In a Later scene he is in the ring with his second who advises his way to win the fight is that the champ is always late out of his corner. Sure enough as the bell rings the champ is in his corner back turned waving to his wife and child. He turns around and bang the challenger knocks him out. That's all the plot I have and patchy at that! Any ideas guys? Thanks for any help you can give.

It has been a while since I've seen it, so I don't remember this specific scene, but Diggstown seems like the obvious place to start.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Holden Pike thanks your the reply. No that's not it. It wasn't a con movie and I only remember the one fight scene. If you or anyone else have more ideas I please keep them coming. Thanks once again! Jon.

Hi. I solved this myself! The movie is Back Roads from 1981. Thanks for you help.