The European Horror Hall of Fame

Tools    

THE
EUROPEAN HORROR
HALL OF FAME

Welcome to the European Horror Hall of Fame!

THE HOSTS:

SWAN

GATSBY

European Horror, as the title suggests, refers to any horror film made in Europe. There is a wide range of options to choose from. Different countries and time periods. It’s pretty broad. As long as it is horror and from Europe, it is acceptable. If you have any confusion, for example if your nomination is eligible, feel free to ask Gatsby or myself via PM, and we'll help you out as best we can.

We will be accepting nominations (PM your nomination to either Gatsby or Swan, doesn’t matter) until Friday, September 11 at 12:00 AM. On that day, Gatsby will reveal the nominations. All that is required after that is that the participants watch all the nominated films and, once they are done, send a list ranking the films from favorite to least favorite to either Gatsby or Swan (again, doesn’t matter). All lists will be due sometime in early January (we'll figure out a specific date later), after which Gatsby will reveal the winner.

We can all play our part in making this a great hall of fame. So be nice and have fun!

Participants
Swan (nom received)
Gatsby (nom received)
cricket (nom received)
CiCi (nom received)
Sane (nom received)
honeykid (nom received)
Derek Vineyard (nom received)
BlueLion (nom received)
Destiny (nom received)
Captain Spaulding (nom received)
christine (nom received)

Master of My Domain
The Cremator
Nominated by BlueLion

Cannibal Holocaust
Nominated by Captain Spaulding

The Devil's Backbone
Nominated by christine

Suspiria
Nominated by CiCi

Frontiers
Nominated by cricket

The Orphanage
Nominated by Derek Vineyard

Lisa and the Devil
Nominated by Destiny

Eyes Without a Face
Nominated by Gatsby

Daughters of Darkness
Nominated by honeykid

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
Nominated by Sane

Amer
Nominated by Swan

Swan's write-up:

I nominated Amer because it exemplifies almost everything about me cinematically. It has style, it has horror, and it's European. What more could you want? Sure, it’s just a tribute to the giallo films of the past, but it’s a beautiful and stylistic one. I imagine it'll be fairly divisive in this hall of fame as there will be a lot of people that will feel it's "style over substance" and then there will be those who will feel the style IS the substance, which is my opinion. This movie has a light script - it’s all about the stylistic beauty. Also, I’m not interested in winning this one, so I focused more on picking a film that I love, want people to see, and will generate interesting discussion.

Why not a simple horror HoF

Master of My Domain
Does Europe include the UK?
Of course. Rodent would disagree with me though.

I'm tempted to join, but to be honest I think I don't really enjoy watching All of the other nominations. I'll just follow along and watch the ones that interest me. If anyone is interested, this would be my nomination if I entered:

No thanks, the 7th HoF made me realise I never want to do one again. But I'll still participate by popping in and posting and reviewing the ones I watch and stuff.

In the future I guess I would consider doing one again if it was a smaller list with people who's taste and opinions I respect, but I don't like the way some people criticise movies in an ignorant way, and if there's too many movies that I don't want to watch it's really hard to get through them.

Of course I'm in. I'm pretty sure what I'm going to nominate, but I'm going to think it over for a couple days.

You should join, Zotis, House of Whipcord is already on my watchlist.

I WANT TO NOMINATED SINISTER DAMMITT
You added paranormal, cult, and demon to the ghost nomination, and I asked you if you wanted to run it. You failed to reply. If you want to do that movie so much, why not run that thread?

**************************************************************************************************** **************

Since no one else is going to do it . . .

The Cremator
Nominated by BlueLion

The Cremator (1968) ~ Full Movie with English Subtitles

Cannibal Holocaust
Nominated by Captain Spaulding

The Devil's Backbone
Nominated by christine

Suspiria
Nominated by CiCi

Frontiers
Nominated by cricket

The Orphanage
Nominated by Derek Vineyard

Lisa and the Devil
Nominated by Destiny

Lisa & the Devil

Eyes Without a Face
Nominated by Gatsby

Eyes Without A Face (1960) Full Movie (Eng. Subs)

Daughters of Darkness
Nominated by honeykid

Daughters of Darkness (1971)

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
Nominated by Sane

Watch it here ~> The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Amer
Nominated by Swan

Master of My Domain
In the future I guess I would consider doing one again if it was a smaller list with people who's taste and opinions I respect, but I don't like the way some people criticise movies in an ignorant way, and if there's too many movies that I don't want to watch it's really hard to get through them.
Criticizing movies in an ignorant way? That's exactly this site in a nutshell. After Raul gave Sonatine one star in the most ignorant and tasteless way possible, I wanted to strangle him, but I refrained myself because in the end we're all one family.

What do you mean by an ignorant way?

Elephant and Solaris suck because there are barely any cuts or transitions.