CiCi's Top Ten "Battle of the Sexes"

Tools    

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I recently started a catfight countdown to celebrate all of the cinematic fights between women that actually demonstrate how powerful they can be. It then got me thinking about fights between men and women in films... and how little there actually are and with no lists out there, I have no idea how accurate this is going to be, but I'll give it my best shot!

Like last time, honourable mentions will be revealed just before the best man vs woman fight is revealed! First two updates will be following immediately

Uuuuh, you did go for it after all, huh?

As you say, there can't be too many of them out there, so I look forward to this list for its unpredictability. I don't think this is going to be a list I can foreshadow like the last one.

Can't wait.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
10. Bridgette Wilson-Sampras vs Trevor Goddard (Mortal Kombat - 1995)

The sequel to this was one of the films that started off the catfight list, but this is the superior original! That being said, the acting here is... um... well, you'd probably see better acting at a school play in all honesty, but this fight is pretty fun though, and a nice way to ease us in for what's to come

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Uuuuh, you did go for it after all, huh?

As you say, there can't be too many of them out there, so I look forward to this list for its unpredictability. I don't think this is going to be a list I can foreshadow like the last one.

Can't wait.
That's why I've taken so long to make this one! It was so so difficult to find decent ones, and yeah, I don't think you'll be able to predict the majority of these, although some of them are quite famous

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
9. Zhang Ziyi vs Chris Tucker (Rush Hour 2 - 2001)

Firstly, thanks to MovieGal for reminding me about this one on the catfight thread, otherwise I almost certainly would have forgotten about this one! This is also the first time Zhang Ziyi has appeared on the list, but considering she seems to be the poster girl for mixed gender fights, having confronted multiple stars from American and foreign cinema, and it's made pretty evident that she was cast in this because of breakout role in Ang Lee's Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon because the fight is very reminiscent of her scenes there!

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
8. Ko Shibasaki vs Masanobu Ando (Battle Royale - 2000)

The fight between the deadly seductress Mitsuko Souma and the heartless sociopath Kazuo Kiriyama was an anticipated and inevitable match up between the two most prolific participants in "The Program" which only permits one survivor... out of a group of 42. This fight is brief, but bullets are traded, they're thrown against walls, stun guns are pulled out, kama sickles are swung repeatedly, it's simply terrific, and the ending is devastating too.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
7. Sharon Stone vs Big Arnie (Total Recall - 1990)

Ms.Stone's confrontation with the equally gorgeous Rachel Ticotion was one of the most iconic and memorable scenes of this film, even making it into the catfight countdown. However, Ms.Stone's battle with her supposed husband, the former Mr.Universe, was probably just as amazing. Sadly, this is the only version of the fight I could find!

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
6. Michelle Pfeiffer vs Michael Keaton (Batman Returns - 1992)

Firstly, the fact that any woman was even able to move in such a tight fitting leather outfit, yet alone take on the Batman in itself worthy of praise anyway, this is probably my favourite embodiment of one of the most iconic female comic characters in history, and seeing her take on Batman for the first time in something that wasn't so camp made for an entertaining scene. In particular, I did like the line "life's a bitch, now so am I" possibly the most Catwoman-esque quote ever said.
I much prefer their first fight, but their second one has its moments too, so I threw both in

Damn, I can't believe I'm the only one to comment in here.

I think this is fine work CiCi, it's all the others who are missing out! Seriously though, I've been a little busy but I'll check in again tomorrow and comment a little more on your picks and such. But it looks good so far!

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch

I think this is fine work CiCi, it's all the others who are missing out! Seriously though, I've been a little busy but I'll check in again tomorrow and comment a little more on your picks and such. But it looks good so far!
I don't really blame anyone, catfights tend to be more fascinating and entertaining I really do appreciate it though!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I'm following this list too, but I haven't had much to say because I haven't seen any of these movies.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch

I'm following this list too, but I haven't had much to say because I haven't seen any of these movies.
Don't worry, the top two are from way more recognisable films

6. Michelle Pfeiffer vs Michael Keaton (Batman Returns - 1992)

Firstly, the fact that any woman was even able to move in such a tight fitting leather outfit, yet alone take on the Batman in itself worthy of praise anyway, this is probably my favourite embodiment of one of the most iconic female comic characters in history, and seeing her take on Batman for the first time in something that wasn't so camp made for an entertaining scene. In particular, I did like the line "life's a bitch, now so am I" possibly the most Catwoman-esque quote ever said.
I much prefer their first fight, but their second one has its moments too, so I threw both in

Now THAT was a cat fight! Shameful pun intended. Was a favorite of mine as a kid.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Don't worry, the top two are from way more recognisable films

Probably not for me. You'd be amazed at how many popular films I haven't seen.
If it helps, number 2 is from a post 2010 blockbuster and number one is by Tarantino

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
If it helps, number 2 is from a post 2010 blockbuster and number one is by Tarantino

I'm sure that helps a lot of other people, but I've only seen a few Tarantino movies, and I don't think there's a Tarantino movie that I like.

I watch mostly old classics and musicals.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch

I'm sure that helps a lot of other people, but I've only seen a few Tarantino movies, and I don't think there's a Tarantino movie that I like.

I watch mostly old classics and musicals.
I kind of need to say more about the Tarantino one but it would totally give it away

I like the Batman Returns fight. "Eat floor" is just the perfect level of camp for me to use in my regular life. Obviously it's not a good line, but I don't think it goes too far into bad territory, and the action with it is awesome.

The obvious reason for the lack of male vs female movie fights is that it's politically incorrect for a film to show a man win a direct physical confrontation against a woman, which is why the only ones of these we will be seeing in the future are Harry Potter fights (in which all violence is from a long distance without physical contact and the strength of the person has no bearing on their ability to win a fight) and pandering scenes of a female action hero beating up on male henchmen to prove that she can do anything a man can do.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I like the Batman Returns fight. "Eat floor" is just the perfect level of camp for me to use in my regular life. Obviously it's not a good line, but I don't think it goes too far into bad territory, and the action with it is awesome.

The obvious reason for the lack of male vs female movie fights is that it's politically incorrect for a film to show a man win a direct physical confrontation against a woman, which is why the only ones of these we will be seeing in the future are Harry Potter fights (in which all violence is from a long distance without physical contact and the strength of the person has no bearing on their ability to win a fight) and pandering scenes of a female action hero beating up on male henchmen to prove that she can do anything a man can do.
This is so true, but so far, only one woman has won