Looking for Movies that push the limits.. Disturbing, Controversial...

Tools    

Im looking for movies that may have been banned in some parts, weird movies, Controversial films that push the limits.. Sort of like the movie Kids did. Ive seen some that are claiming to be disturbing (due to gore, sex scenes, etc..) but Im looking for extreme.
Any suggestions?

Unfortunately our resident 'extreme cinema' fan has left the board. IDK what to tell you.
I think she mentioned a movie called cannibal once.
cannibal holoucost

Wasnt that special. but they killed a live animal in the movie which is messed up.

There's also Lars Von Trier's movie Antichrist.

Others that spring to mind are The Human Centipede movies, Hostel, Shivers (Cronenberg), The Last House On The Left (and the remake), Funny Games (and the remake) and THIS.

There's plenty but most aren't very good. I'd start with the original versions of Last House on the Left and I Spit on Your Grave, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Thriller: A Cruel Picture, Baise-Moi, and A Serbian Film. Irreversible is disturbing but boring.

My reaction to Salo was one of overwhelming boredom in the main to be honest, it's a little distasteful in places but not much more than that.
This.

I don't know if it's really disturbing - I have a strong stomach - but Cannibal Holocaust did leave me feeling pretty dark. I actually hated it at first, but since then it has grown on my mind, and part of the reason is because it is incredibly effective in my opinion. Certain images are ingrained in my brain, and I think that's what it wanted to do.

'extreme' is certainly in the eye of the beholder, I'm a bit of a wuss these days but Irreversable I couldn't bear to watch, and Funny Games (the original , not seen the remake) I found shocking.
You might want to look at the films of Takashi Miike, he's made some funny films, but also some very violent ones like Visitor Q, Ichi the Killer, Dead or Alive, Audition.
Quite surreal, but violent too is Tetsuo The Iron Man, which also has some sequels although I've not seen the sequels.
The Story of Riki Oh is quite weird too.
Have you watched any of David Cronenberg's body horror films like Videodrome?

Vasa De Noces aka Wedding Trough aka The Pig F***ing Movie. I worn you though it is a TERRIBLE film. Both in content and that once you get past the bestiality and animal killing, it is really dull.

Thriller: A Cruel Picture I recommend though. Great flick.

Pink Flamingos is shocking and very trashy. But it involves cannibalism, murder, various perversions, and is "bad taste" brought to life by John Waters. Not to mention an essential midnight movie.

Another midnight movie El Topo is also pretty extreme and out there. An ultra violent acid spaghetti western with lots of surreal religious imagery, plenty of killing, and animals killing as well. I admit I was not a fan of it though.

Man Bites Dog is brilliant, dark, and a biting satire of the media. Be prepared to read subtitles though. But if you loved or liked Nightcrawler, it is a pretty cool companion piece.

cannibal holoucost

Wasnt that special. but they killed a live animal in the movie which is messed up.
Did I say cannibal holocaust?
Seems you asked a question then put words in my mouth.