Alien Resurrection

→ in
Tools    

What did you think of Alien Resurrection?
25.00%
2 votes
Awesome
75.00%
6 votes
Junk
0%
0 votes
Never Saw It
8 votes. You may not vote on this poll

******* by Nature
Watched this film recently. Does anyone actually like this movie?
In my opinion, this film is not apart of the Alien Series. The series stop when Ripley was killed at the end of Alien 3. Bringing her back to life was just the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of. There are many things that piss me off, but 3 three major ones are as followed:
ONE - The aliens, what the ****. The aliens are nothing like that are in the first three.
*They don't sound like the aliens. They sound like lions and dogs. In the first 3, they had a high pitch sound, making them distincted, but no, the film makers ****ed around with the sound, making them sound like other monsters.
* The aliens look different. They are brown. OK, first thing, the aliens are only brown when they are a chestburster, but in this film, the adult aliens are brown all the way through. Another thing is that you probably wont notice is that the spike things on their back are all bent. And their feet are not the same as the other aliens in the other films.

TWO - The Newborn. WTF. This is a travisdy to the Aliens themselves. It was a badly design creature. H.R Giger would be rolling around in his grave, if he were dead of course. They could of design the Newborn so much better, but no, they had to make it look like total ****.

THREE - Ripley. The is no way that they could of cloned her and have her have the queen alien inside her. I no nothing about science, but its common sense, because the alien was not apart of her DNA. Making impossible to et the alien.

I don't like this film, only good thing, Ron Pearlman. He is awesome.
Anyway, post your thoughts.

I See You When You're Sleeping
The aliens aren't like that of the previous ones because they are part human because they were part of Ripley, aren't they?

Anyway I agree about leaving 3 as the last and final enounter, 3 was a fantastic film but I wanted to see more. It wasn't that 'bad'. I want to see another to end it all though. Get rid of Winona and get Gibson in though, he'd make a fine android.

******* by Nature
I LOVE ALIEN 3
Most under-rated film of all time.

Ur point about the aliens is intresting. but doesnt explain the different sounds.

******* by Nature
LOL right.

If they make an Alien 5. They should do Ridley Scott's idea. If your unsure of what that is, listen to the audio commentary of Alien.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I haven't listened to the commentary yet, but I am aware of two ideas.

1. To go back to the original planet in which the first alien ship came from in the movie 'Alien'

2. Go to Earth

******* by Nature
yeah go back to where the aliens came from. Because the idea is that the aliens are weapons created by another species. And the ship on LV-426 is a carrier they transports the aliens. And the alien that is dead in that seat thing on the ship was the pilot of the ship. But was killed from an escaped face huger.
Something like that.

Somewhere between awesome and junk I think, though definitely much, much closer to junk. Jeunet's visuals are flawless of course, but overall a limp and needless entry - even worse than the second sequel (also benefitting primarily from strong visuals, from Fincher, and little else).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I thought the first and second were good, the third was eh and the last was crap especially with Ryder.

The thing about the aliens was they were born of different hosts, no? They took on characteristics of the host, so of course all would look (and possibly sound) different.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I too had major problems with 4. Aside from the fact that it was very shallow, and that it was a cash-in, my major problem was the newborn alien. Not so much the design of the thing, although I wasn't really impressed with that. I was upset with how effortlessly it killed the Queen alien. The queen alien present in Aliens was a force of nature. It survived all sorts of stuff. The Newborn alien just took it out like it was no big deal. I'm sure the Newborn alien was a super-alien of some kind, but really! 100 of the normal aliens couldn't have taken out a queen. How can one tiny alien take out an iconic villian such as the alien queen? On top of this travisty, it has difficulty killing normal humans!!! (sure it took some out, but the way it killed the queen should've indicated that it could take out everyone, not just the few characters deemed killable by the creators). I don't know why this got to me so much.

There were some good things. As Holden pointed out there was Jeunets always great visuals. There was Ron Pearlman. There was the early and unexpected death of Michael Wincott. There was an ok concept that could've been executed much better.

In any case, there were several plot options better than this for a sequal. Don't consider this movie a sequal, consider it a side-story.

And for a good film with Jeunet's visuals AND Ron Pearlman, check out The City of Lost Children! Great movie!

I wanted to post something insightful for my hating this movie, but you all hit on all the key elements that make this a pile of moist dung.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."