Connery punched out a mobster

Tools    

This is from the following article, but you can read this story many places: [had to remove the link] The story is that a gangster named Johnny Stompanato was dating Lana Turner who then had a romance with Connery and there was a fight between Stomp and Connery:
Turner was having an affair with young Sean Connery, who was her co-star in Another Time, Another Place, he flew to England to confront her. And confront her he did, on set, with a gun, which he pointed at Connery. Legend has it that Stompanato pulled the gun on Connery, who grabbed the gangster's wrist, twisted it until the piece dropped out and then decked the man. All the while, the story goes, the cameras were running - I wonder where that footage is. At any rate, Connery reported Stompanato to the police, and he was deported for breaking England's gun laws.
As I say, you can read this story many places, but I'm wondering as to what the source is on this. Does anyone know? If you go to Johnny Stomp's wiki, you can read the story there and its backed up just by a recent daily mail article. Then there are some further tangentially related claims that are backed up by dead links.

You're after the source?

There's probably no one single source tbh if the attack was in such an open place. Maybe check the local police records of the area in question, they'll be the ones who officially released the incident to the press.

As for Stompanato, he was an ex-Marine bodyguard for the Jewish Mafia rather than an actual gangster himself.