Holes

→ in
Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
This movie was pretty awesome. Check it out. Jon Voight is a character named Mr. Sir and it's directed by the guy who did The Fugetive and Under Seige. How can you go wrong?

But what a bad title for a movie. It sounds like it either has a lot of plotholes, or it's X rated.

I just LOVE the book, and the cast and trailer make me think they got it right in adapting for the big screen (Sachar even wrote the screenplay). I'm really looking forward to it.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I saw it today. It is very true to the book. An awesome film.

Originally posted by Sexy Celebrity
But what a bad title for a movie. It sounds like it either has a lot of plotholes, or it's X rated.

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Actually, they make a reference to plotholes in the movie. The actual Holes that the title came from are holes dug in the ground. As for X rated Holes.....better luck from someone other than Disney.

Didn't see it.
I just saw this one tonight. It was an excellent movie. I can't wait to get the DVD. Jon Voight and Tim Blake Nelson were hilarious.

I'll have to agree on the title, however. It does sound x-rated.

It was beauty killed the beast.
When Kong first saw the trailer for this movie he leaned over to his friend and said, "Any movie with a character named 'Armpit' is bound to suck." So, needless to say, Kong was expecting a rather lame film when he finally went to see it, but to his surprise it was actually quite good.

It's nice to see a live action family movie that's not preachy, not too hokey, and actually clever in its story and its execution. There are some goofy, semi-stupid parts, but they are forgivable when considering the target audience. Overall it was a very enjoyable movie, and Kong is quite happy that it did better box-officewise than it was expected to.

Film Fan
Did you guys know that Richard Kelly, writer/director of Donnie Darko and Southland Tales, was originally hired to write Holes?

http://richard-kelly.net/multimedia/scripts/index.html

Seriously. You can read his script there, and let me say.... it's quite different. Definitely mature, so caution.

this film will always be know as the negginng of shia lebouf's rise to stardom

I really don't like Shia Lebeouf. Very annoying as a character, but I enjoyed the film overall.

i belive u mean shia leobouf is anoying as an actor or stanly elnats is annoying as a character "shia lebeouf is annoying as a character" makes no sense

Movie Forums Extra
Holes was a very good movie and ended up following the book very well. It also had good success mostly because there was a book it was showed of, which allowed teachers to so the book and the film.

Registered Creature
I like LaBeouf.

Jerry Shaw, you have been activated.
I remember watching it a year or so ago, feels like a real long time since i have seen it, most of the stores i go to don't stock it, so i'll have to order it in. When i did see this movie last, i remember loving it. Can't wait to watch it again.