Gremlins Remake/Reboot

Tools    

Hollywood Reporter has interviewed Joe Dante last month...

A remake is in the works, Joe Dante has personally disowned the movie saying "They remake movies that nobody wanted to see remade. For instance, nobody wanted another RoboCop."

Although, Carl Ellsworth has been hired to write the script.
Ellsworth was behind writing the abysmal remake of Red Dawn, the abysmal remake of The Last House On The Left and the abysmal remake of Rear Window that was titled Disturbia.

Seth Graham-Smith is set to produce. Seth was behind crapfests such as Pride And Prejudice And Zombies, and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter and the abysmal Dark Shadows remake/reboot.

Release date, cast and director as yet unknown.

God. This is getting really annoying.
Yep, for quite a few years, now!

God forbid the kids of today, would just have to watch the films from decades past, and wait to see if these people can come up with anything new.

Which apparently they can't!

Poltergeist is one of my favorite films of all time. The crap remake has a 31% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Now they're remaking another of my all time favorites...

Does anyone think it can get a higher rating than Poltergeist? Even if it does, they couldn't pay me to see this film.

They should make this new flick a 400 million dollar mash-up in which the Gremlins, Critters, Ghoulies, and Munchies team up to destroy Earth but are stalled by The Puppet Master's minions, just in time for the Killer Klowns to rock up and cover everything in corrosive cotton candy. Throw in a pair of t*ts and it would smash the box office to pieces

Welcome to the human race...
They should make this new flick a 400 million dollar mash-up in which the Gremlins, Critters, Ghoulies, and Munchies team up to destroy Earth but are stalled by The Puppet Master's minions, just in time for the Killer Klowns to rock up and cover everything in corrosive cotton candy. Throw in a pair of t*ts and it would smash the box office to pieces
As much as I'd like to see that happen, first they'd have to reboot every single one of those franchises and then combine them Avengers-style. Really milk it.

As much as I'd like to see that happen, first they'd have to reboot every single one of those franchises and then combine them Avengers-style. Really milk it.
What? and stall my plans for the bigger, more cerebral and expensive sequel in which Tim Thomerson's Dollman travels back in time to the early 50's to kill Charles Band (paradoxically his own creator) thus wiping out half the mini-monster invasion force before they can even come to be?

Not buying it?

What if I mention the word muff? Interested now?

Ahhh yeah I thought so.

Bruckheimer? Abrams? Lucas? Speilberg?...They're finished! Kaput! Over!!!

Even though interviews may have been conducted at a later time, nothing on the status has really changed since about April 5th of 2014. But here's the full latest technical info....

Release Date: Obviously unknown
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Not known at this time.
Producers: David Katzenberg, Seth Grahame-Smith
Executive Producers: Chris Columbus, Steven Spielberg
Screenwriter: Carl Ellsworth
Starring: Kelsey Chow (One Tree Hill), Joey Bragg (Disney's Liv and Maddie), Spencer List (various TV shows and TV movies)....other cast TBA

Joe Dante has personally disowned the movie saying "They remake movies that nobody wanted to see remade. For instance, nobody wanted another RoboCop."

Trying to decide if a remake is better or worse than a third movie.

You know... since hearing about this remake I've sat and watched the original two movies... and I actually like Gremlins 2 a hell of a lot more.

Well done Hollywood. You managed to make me like a film that I wasn't keen on before.