Space Cowboys

→ in
Tools    

One hillarious movie, lots of good old geezerd actors, which included the cast of one of my favorites, Tommy Lee Jones, and 4 other old famous actors. It is an excellent movie about 5 old guys who have to go up into space to try and repair a russion sattilie that one of the men had created, and they were the only ones that know how to fix it, and this movie is just about them training to go, and then actually going up into space to fix the sattilite (how the **** do you spell that **** word!) but it turns out theres something on the sattillite that no one expected! i have already given enough of the plot away already, so go see the movie! It's a great, comedy, pretty clean, some crass jokes. -Brian

"Sattelite"

It was a good movie...ending was a bit of a curveball, but overall a very good movie. I went with my brother and younger sister...we got there 30 minutes early...the credits from the last showing were still playing! We were all by ourselves until 10 minutes before the movie started, and then about 30 Seniors showed up!

It was pretty weird...but nice, too...I like seeing movies with lots of people...they laughed at all the age jokes.

We like Clint Eastwood and were wondering if there is anyone out there with a take on this flick?

Female assassin extraordinaire.
hearsay, but my dad saw it and said it was fun and he enjoyed it. i rolled my eyes and said that Clint Eastwood was known for directing long, slow movies, but he said not with this one ...

Yup, it was long and slow - but funny and worthwhile as well...and easily better than anything out right now.

I saw it with (surprise!) a bunch of seniors in the theatres...chuckling at every "old" joke. Pretty good movie...although I do have a gripe with some scenes that show all the old guys younger - it still uses their current voices...looks out of place.

A decent movie made better by comped tickets and free Pepsi to go with the LARGE popcorn. Intriguing idea hatched no doubt from Glenn's last trip. The choice of actors was good. The fact that the co-conspirator didn't get left on the moon was a down side. Anyway, Eastwood is still a goodie!

Interesting point - Glenn's trip likely did trigger this flick...I hadn't thought of that!

Just so you know, I'm changing the title of this thread to warn people who havn't seen this that there are some spoilers inside...what with you mentioning the bad guy surviving and all.

Didn't see it.
Actually, I read that Eastwood already had the script but tabled it because he didn't think anybody would by 70-year-olds in space. When Glenn made the trip, Eastwood dusted off the script and made the movie.

Wow, really? If that's the case, then it's certainly interesting. And, for the record, I liked the movie. Wasn't great, but was fairly funny and a nice all-around movie.

I thought it was a pretty fun movie

Pretty average movie. Wouldn't you agree, 16-year-old Yoda?

I wish there some evil aliens or AI gone bad... would have made this movie whole lot better.

I wish there was a sequel, where Aliens abduct Tommy & cure him of his cancer or something...

The sequel is called Star Trek: The Motion Picture. They find Lee Jones's character has combined with an ultra-advanced alien bioship.

SPACE COWBOYS was OK for a popcorn movie...I think it goes a long way on star power alone...the four leads are old pros and their presence alone made the film a pleasure to watch.

This movie was driven purely by star power. A rather silly story is made completely watchable thanks to the four charismatic starring performances from Clint Eastwood, James Garner, Tommy Lee Jones, and Donald Sutherland...these four cinematic legends made this film worth sitting through.

Precursor to The Expendables and RED. Old people doing energetic things.

Though, in saying that Cocoon 2 did it all first.

It's all very novel. Space Cowboys and Cocoon 2 both came off as kinda twee though and RED isn't a patch on the comics.

Space Cowboys, which benefits from the performances of four seasoned actors, successfully establishes its four main characters as the source for all its comedy. i like how these actors are portrayed here, veterans which time has passed on them to be astronauts anymore, clint eastwood is at his usual best, but for me tommy lee jones caught my attention more especially with his love interest marcia gay harden which is very sweet in her role
Space Cowboys subtly and effectively creates an analogy between the characters and the troublesome "guidance system,
this system's design is described as old here and need to have old timers to fix, and these characters have to disprove the others' belief that they are outdated and replaceable
it's an all fun ride in this movie, and the special effects are good enough to withstand, i like how the plot involves the cold war aswell.
all in all i really liked this movie and clint eastwood as a director here gave the right pace for this kind of movies.