Armageddon or Deep Impact?
53.85%
7 votes
Armageddon
46.15%
6 votes
Deep Impact
13 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The age old question of pitting Clones against each other...

Both released in 1998...

More action oriented, filled with one-liners and a memorable soundtrack. Huge cast, both in physicality and Box Office terms with Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck, Michael Clarke Duncan, Billy Bob Thornton, Liv Tyler, William Fichtner and Steve Buscemi... cod science all the way through but pretty exciting if you're into brainless and highly amateur writing driving the emotions.

VS

More scientific, still with cod-science though laced throughout... more underplayed and much more sombre.
Still a solid cast though with Robert Duvall, Tea Leoni, Vanessa Redgrave, Maximillian Schell, an early black President in Morgan Freeman and a young Frodo Baggins saving his Girlfriend Leelee Sobieski...

Voted Armageddon. Steve Buscemi singing - wins hands down.

Master of My Domain
Armageddon is a pile of sh*t as big as that asteroid in the film. So Deep Impact.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I voted Armageddon. It's is dumb but it's a lot fun. IIRC Deep Impact kind of drags in parts.

Armageddon is Michael Bay's Citizen Kane compared to the Transformers movies.

Deep Impact is overly melodramatic and pretty ridiculous, but it never embraces the ridiculous elements and its serious tone is off-putting. On top of that, the end is just silly when they all just head for high ground (or something, it's been years since I saw that film).

Armageddon is utter trash, but at least Bay lets the ridiculous be ridiculous. I'd never elect to watch either film ever again.

I voted Deep Impact. Armaggedon is great, great cast, scenes, it's spectacular, epic plus it has Come Together Aerosmith version. (it's no John, but still, he wrote it). I do find the heartbreaking stuff a bit pathetic, though. That's actually the main reason for my vote.

Deep Impact has one of my favorite actors Morgan, the scene when it hits the ocean is utterly fantastic and, like the rodent said it's more scientific. And since I love math and science...I also like the suspense until it was revealed what's happening.