Question About Phone Booth

Tools    

Is Phone Booth a remake of an earlier movie with a very similar plot? I believe the movie I'm contemplating had a female in the phone booth and an African-American sniper. I think Kiefer Sutherland played the arms dealing husband of the woman in the booth. I remember viewing it late night on cable. I also remember it being a better film. No reviewer has made mention of this earlier film. Was I dreaming?

Okay. Answered my own question. How I mixed up Oliver Platt with Kiefer Sutherland is beyond me. Anyway very similar plot. Cell phone and Hot Dog cart vs. phone booth. But, a very similar dynamic.

Hi
HEY isnt that the one with a bomb in the hot dog cart?? or am i just completely confused..?

Bluray Collector!
You are talking about Liberty Stands Still, starring Wesley Snipes and Linda Firiontino (sp? the woman from MiB). The plots are very similiar, though I havent seen Phone Booth yet, from the trailer, it looked like someone was far too inspired by it, not that Liberty Stands Still was that great.

Adam

It was beauty killed the beast.
Although Liberty Stands Still was released before Phone Booth, Phone Booth actually went into production first.