Horror Movie HoF

Tools    

Rosemary's Baby (1968)

This one really pulled me in. I noticed a few times where the acting wasn't great, as one example the Terry character played by Angela Dorian. Most of the acting was good though, and at times it was really excellent. I especially enjoyed John Cassavetes, the husband, and Sidney Blackmer, the husband of the nosy elderly neighbors. On a little side note I noticed how a lot of the names of people working on the movie were adapted for characters. Anyway, I thought the movie was very well balanced in terms of the number of characters, the various set locations, and the plot structure. It felt like a perfect example of how to make an ideal movie. I loved the scene where Rosemary was in the phone booth calling another doctor. Just the way she was holding the receiver, glancing at the other person waiting for the booth, and her emotions were well portrayed as she became pretty hysterical. The movie had a really good progression and the ending was phenomenal. It never got scary, but I enjoyed the tension, and I have an interestingly creepy sensation with, "Hail Satan," ringing in the back of my mind.

Excellent

So Godoggo.... can we post films we were considering suggesting? I have several Im sure not many have heard of that I considered...

or do we have to wait until the end to post them?

Chappie doesn't like the real world
So Godoggo.... can we post films we were considering suggesting? I have several Im sure not many have heard of that I considered...

or do we have to wait until the end to post them?
Sure. There is no reason not to talk about them. I'm sure there will be more horror HoFs in the future. I'd like to run one around Halloween.

I just get the feeling that because I recommended "Cannibal".. there is no love for me from some participants....

Oh well, you can please everyone!

I just get the feeling that because I recommended "Cannibal".. there is no love for me from some participants....

Oh well, you can please everyone!
Don't take what people say about nominated movies personally. There is a move that people aren't so fond of in every round and it's always about the movie, not the person.

I'm a pretty squeamish person. Actually I'm a really squeamish person. I've literally thrown up from watching a movie before, so I'm not much on that particular type of horror, but that doesn't mean I don't think there is a place for it or that other people shouldn't enjoy them.

And as far as the comment that Cricket made in the other thread and the responses... it isnt the first overly sickening film Cricket watched at my recommendation.. there are things he and I would watch that I would probably not suggest for this type of tournament...

And as far as the comment that Cricket made in the other thread and the responses... it isnt the first overly sickening film Cricket watched at my recommendation.. there are things he and I would watch that I would probably not suggest for this type of tournament...
It just gets worse and worse, eh?

Do you have a movie review thread? You'd make an interesting review thread.

Sure. I may end up liking the movie. I haven't seen it yet. I've been grossed out and liked a movie before. In fact it was Audition.

It just gets worse and worse, eh?

Do you have a movie review thread? You'd make an interesting review thread.
Nah I dont give a review.. I would put to many spoilers in them....

That's fine.

After reading them, I doubt anybody would even check out those movies.

Master of My Domain
Like I said in the Tips for Writing Reviews thread you would make a good reviewer... why don't you give it a try? If you like it and others do then keep doing it, if not then simply don't. Nothing to lose.

so here are some trailers of movies I thought about recommending..

(this is listed in my top 10 and I love watching it.. the soundtrack is amazing too)...

(a little unknown Danish film... or it was when I first watched it)

(there are 3 to this series.. I watched them when they first came out.. pretty sick stuff)

Oh yes.. I should have suggested this one.. considering the actor who is in it...

The only one I've seen out of those, MovieGal, is August Underground. That would be a kick to nominate that one.
I was watching through those trailers and that one looked particularly interesting to me.