Guy flying toward a movie screen

Tools    

Before anyone says anything it's not "Stir of echos". The only part of the trailer i remember was a guy in a wheel chair levitating toward a theater screen and then the line from his son is something like " he lives in his own world?" This film is newer (about 5-7 years ago) and the only details i have are these.

It's a story about an older man and his son
I believe the older man wrote movies are starred in them and goes into lapses

Not really more detail than this, sorry, but i know i wanted to watch it.

neverheard of that one, but it's not it. I believe it's more present or future time. that looks like a good watch though, how is it? @gbgoodies

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
neverheard of that one, but it's not it. I believe it's more present or future time. that looks like a good watch though, how is it? @gbgoodies

I watched it a while back so I don't remember a lot of details about it, but as I recall, it was a good movie. The old man and the boy are not father and son, but they almost have a father/son type of relationship.

I have a pretty bad memory for a lot of things, but the movie made enough of an impression on me that it immediately popped into my mind when I read your question. I would definitely recommend it. I think a lot of people here would like it.