Everyone show some love for Jake Gyllenhaal

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
SC was upset that Jake Gyllenhaal didn't get his own thread on his birthday, so this is for you SC.

What's your favorite Jake Gyllenhaal movie?

Here's some information about this great young actor:

Jake Gyllenhaal - Actor who made his movie debut, at the age of 11, in the 1991 film City Slickers, playing Billy Crystal's son. His first lead role was in the 1999 film October Sky. In 2002, he received an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Actor for his role as a psychologically troubled teenager in the indie cult hit Donnie Darko. In 2006, he received both an Academy Award and Golden Globe nomination for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in the controversial film Brokeback Mountain. His other movies include Bubble Boy, Moonlight Mile, The Good Girl, The Day After Tomorrow, Jarhead, Zodiac, Source Code, End of Watch, Prisoners, and Nightcrawler. He was set to play Spider-Man in Spider-Man 2 in 2004, due to Tobey Maguire having injured his back while filming Seabiscuit, but while he was preparing for the role, Tobey recovered to reprise his role as Spider-Man. He is the brother of actress Maggie Gyllenhaal, who played his sister in Donnie Darko.

I didn't care for Source Code or End of Watch, but I thought he was good in them. I think he's been really good in everything I've seen him in, my favorite performance of his probably being in Prisoners.

I didn't care for Source Code or End of Watch, but I thought he was good in them. I think he's been really good in everything I've seen him in, my favorite performance of his probably being in Prisoners.

I liked Source Code, but I think my favorite of his movies is Brokeback Mountain.

People are gonna see the title of this thread and think I made it!

People are gonna see the title of this thread and think I made it!

That's because you make 90% of the threads here.

I made it because you said that he deserves his own thread. Do you want me to delete it?

I don't think you can delete threads. But no, don't delete it.

Jake Gyllenhaal is one of my all time favorites! He's been knocking it out recently. LOVED him Prisoners and Enemy! Still need to see Nightcrawler though. Heard it was awesome.

Master of My Domain
Used to hate him because of Prince of Persia and thought he wasn't a good actor... now I don't.

Jake Gyllenhaal is one of my favourite actors working today...

And that's not just because of his recent turbo-elavated stardom with a huge amount of movies coming out starring Gyllenhaal in amazing peformances. I've always liked him, thought he was a great actor, but he did truly show off his worth lately, which took him from a great and respected actor to an absolute favourite of mine.

Can't wait to check out more movies of his, really looking forward to the upcoming fighting drama 'Southpaw'. My fav movie of his is probably Nightcrawler...

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
I've always been a moderate fan of his at best, but his performance is Nightcrawler is absolutely remarkable, and one of the best of the last fifteen years in all of American cinema.