The Revenant (2015) Alejandro G. Iñárritu + DiCaprio

Tools    

Gooble gobble, one of us!
So the next film from Alejandro González Iñárritu will be "The Revenant". It's about the frontiersman, Hugh Glass, who in the 1820s set out on a path of vengeance against those who left him for dead after a bear mauling. (Description taken from IMDB). It almost sounds like a Tarantino film, really interesting!

This also seems like the only film comming out soon-ish from Leonardo Dicaprio, who I believe has been taking a sort of short vacation from films. Might this be the film that lands him the oscar? Maybe, who knows. The film also stars Tom Hardy, and he is always great so can't go wrong there.

The film is to be set out December 2015/January 2016. Other than that there isn't too much information yet, but maybe we'll hopefully soon hear something!

After the success of "Birdman" (2014), I have high hopes for this film and I can't wait. What do you guys think, are you exicted?

Sounds like this will probably be one of my most anticipated movies of next year. Excited is a good word. Love both those actors and I loved Birdman.

Finished here. It's been fun.
This film sounds very,very intriguing. One of my most anticipated next year alongside Knight of Cups.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I heard about this story.

Cinematography by Lubezki - insta wishlist.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Trailer looks good, but I'm not sold. I like every Inarritu movie I've ever seen, but I don't love any of them. Lubezki is great. I love Tom Hardy as an actor, but it's difficult to ignore that none of his huge roles have been great movies (He's good in Bronson and Locke but those aren't good films, Child 44 was a huge disappointment, and I wouldn't call him the lead of Mad Max). I guess I'm on the 'controversial' side of "Leonardo Dicaprio has never won an Oscar because he's never been the best performance of a year." This feels like a movie combining all of the internet's favorite things about film, which may or may not actually work.

Care for some gopher?
Great Trailer, looking forward to this movie. Liked "Amores Perros" and loved "Birdman".
He's good in Bronson and Locke but those aren't good films.
You're wrong. "Locke" is a great movie.

I have to return some videotapes.
Trailer looks good, but I'm not sold. I like every Inarritu movie I've ever seen, but I don't love any of them. Lubezki is great. I love Tom Hardy as an actor, but it's difficult to ignore that none of his huge roles have been great movies (He's good in Bronson and Locke but those aren't good films, Child 44 was a huge disappointment, and I wouldn't call him the lead of Mad Max). I guess I'm on the 'controversial' side of "Leonardo Dicaprio has never won an Oscar because he's never been the best performance of a year." This feels like a movie combining all of the internet's favorite things about film, which may or may not actually work.
Bronson was pretty good. It isn't for everyone though.

I loved Bronson.

Anyway, the only film I've seen from this director was Birdman, which was great until the stupid ending and so ultimately was only good. The trailer does look very promising, but I was sold at Leonardo DiCaprio.

You're wrong. "Locke" is a great movie.
quoted for truth.

and I cannot wait for this flick !

Inarittu is one of my favorites. I can't wait to watch this movie. I've had it with the superhero movies. A refreshing change from what hollywood seems to be constantly selling. And I can't blame them, cause the superhero movies work too.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Tarantino and Inarritu will be competing for the Oscar, I see. DiCaprio will be nominated again but it will lose to some main actor in a stupid biopic about someone who suffered racism, mental or physical disease, or anything similar... Oh Hollywood...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Maybe DiCaprio should play himself suffering from not getting any Oscars.