When did you see your first favorite movie?

Tools    

That. You liked at the first time? You saw one more time? Or two?

I saw my favorite movie (Shawshank) the last year on Isat. In the half, when the old man... well, is "free". After, I saw on my computer when I listened the title in the TV.

And, yes, was at the first time.

First time I saw Jaws I was about 8 or 9 I think. One of my friends was the first to have a video recorder in the street and his parents started renting films and we'd watch them at the weekend. Jaws was the second film they rented (Jaws 2 was the following weekend ) and I just loved it from the get go. The only time I remember anyone jumping or being scared was the scene at Ben Gardener's boat, but I was so engrossed that I don't know if I'd have noticed if they were anway. Certainly no one was going to admit to being scared afterwards. We were all far too cool and tough for that.

lol it's like if google translate were a poster.

my first "favorite movie" ever was also shawshank. watched it when i was 11 or 12. knew nothing about it before; that ending was mind blowing. it's not my favorite now, but may have been the catalyst to pushing my love of film from casual to more serious, and will always have a special place in my memory.

I saw Unforgiven during its original theatrical release. I walked out of the theatre thinking it might be Eastwood's best film. The two friends I saw it with were less impressed, saying it was "too violent." These were the same two friends who took me to True Romance because they loved it so much. The violence of Unforgiven, they said, was too realistic. I've seen it about 20 times since, but I've always made sure to space out the viewings so as not to burn out on it.

I'm not sure if this was my first favorite movie, but Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was one of them for me when I was little, I loved the film so much I keep re-watching it and I knew the songs.

But well the same can be said about Lady and the Tramp, or Beethoven and it's sequels.

I really can't place which was my first favorite, because I can't put age together with movies. But close enough.

lol it's like if google translate were a poster.
50/50. I write the post and then I pass for the translator to correct some things.

wanabe movie critique
"Patriot Games" for me

Master of My Domain
Saw Oldboy unexpectedly on TV a few years ago and at first I wanted to watch maybe 10 minutes or so then go to bed, but I couldn't stop and ended getting only a few hours a sleep but it was totally worth it.

I was shocked by its content but fell in love with the music, acting, cinematography, direction... almost everything. Watched a ton of movies since but I've haven't found a movie that has gotten even slightly close to claim the 1st place title, and I'm sure it will stay like that for many years.

I first saw Druids back in '06 and by golly was it ever a mind blow! I mean you just gotta take one look at Raiden's hair in that movie and you'll be mesmerised too! The impeccable accents sealed the deal though. But by far the single best thing about the movie is the fact that even though all of the supporting actors perform superbly, Raiden has by far the best performance in the film.

The first time I saw 'The Dark Knight' was back in 2011, when I was still a child. I didn't understand half of it back then, and to be honest, I think it was the incredible action that drew me in. But now, as a more mature and intelligent person, I get the politics, I get the message, and I appreciate it more every time I see it.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Zulu in Cinema in Paris.
And Kingdom of Heaven...on DVD.

That. You liked at the first time? You saw one more time? Or two?

I saw my favorite movie (Shawshank) the last year on Isat. In the half, when the old man... well, is "free". After, I saw on my computer when I listened the title in the TV.

And, yes, was at the first time.
It must have been in the late Nineties. I loved it and the way in to the film is more satisfying than The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, which had been my favourite up to that point.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Probably

as a kidlet. Gave me nightmares. Thus began my love of horror genre.

1977 - Star Wars. I don't remember much from that first viewing but I know I loved it enough to try and get my hands on anything that related to it. I began collecting the action figures, even the ones that only appeared on screen for a frame or two (Hammerhead, Broken R2 unit), played with them outside and lost most of them. Stupid kid!

Probably

as a kidlet. Gave me nightmares. Thus began my love of horror genre.
Jason and the Argonauts was probably the first favourite movie of mine as well.