Top 100 of Whobody

→ in
Tools    

I have been lurking and I like the lists you fellas put out, might as well put up my own. Enjoy

#100: Jaws 2
More of a guilty pleasure, Jaws 2 is an exceptional sequel that doesn't stray far from the original's formula.

#99: Animal Kingdom
Considering I'm an Australian, I can be quite biased for Animal Kingdom but generally speaking, it's still a very good crime-drama.

#98: The Cabin In The Woods
Refreshing spin, I love its dark humor.

#97: Twister
Special-effects galore, a childhood favorite and very fun. Bill Paxton is great.

#96: Christine
Carpenter's most underrated, impressive how they made a car seem so frightening.

#95: Platoon
Critically acclaimed, very effective anti-war film. Charlie Sheen is underrated as a serious actor.

#94: Village Of The Damned
For an old film, this was weirdly gripping and had a powerful sense of suspense behind it. I don't like the remake.

#93: Manhunter
Silence Of The Lambs is okay but Manhunter is better, just so creepy and unnerving. Silence is too americanized/mainstreamed for my taste and doesn't capture the book's essence (like Manhunter).

#92: Slacker
I can really relate to this film when my motivation hits rock-bottom, the humor is dry but funny.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Manhunter is a very good movie. I also enjoyed Platoon and Jaws 2.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Hi nice to meet you

I've heard Animal Kingdom is good but not got round to watching it yet. Good start to your list. I love Twister, love disaster films anyway. I like Platoon and Christine, and you're right about the creepiness in Manhunter. I find that much more effective than slasher films

Appreciate the words, Optimus and christine.

#91: Death To Smoochy
Guilty pleasure for sure, this sort of comedy was made for me.

#90: 10 Things I Hate About You
Cute love comedy-drama, on tv frequently and I always tune-in. Heath Ledger is dreamy.

#89: Mad Dog and Glory
Props to De Niro and Murray, fun all the way through.

#87: Kramer vs Kramer
Hoffman is great, a film that'll get you right in the feels. Cherish your family.

#86: Unbreakable
I love it, Shylaman's best. Down-to-earth beats excess, who thought it could happen in a superhero movie.

#85: Jerry Maguire
You'll stay on your feet when you think about this movie. Motivational.

#84: Team America
Trashy humor, my style. Puppet animation is pet-peeve of mine.

#83: Monsters Inc.
Awesome pixar, great heroes and villains alike. A long-time favorite.

Whobody, greetings from America, it's always good to have another movie fan here.

The only 2 that I've seen is Platoon and Jerry Maguire, both choice movies. Keep the list coming.

Not many people seem to like it, unfortunately.
That doesn't mean you should feel guilty for liking it. Screw them. I think it's hilarious and I'm not usually that big on comedies.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Cabin in the Woods is an easy favorite of mine: horrifying, intelligent, hilarious, with a plethora of in-camera effects and physical monster designs.

Unbreakable is easily Shyamalan's most underrated film. While The Sixth Sense is generally better made, it is worth exactly two viewings (one for the twist and one to see how the twist was set up). Unbreakable does not have this problem, however, and Jackson is perfect in his role.

The rest I either haven't seen or am generally indifferent to. Monsters Inc is something that I never quite got the praise for, despite being really well conceived, animated, coiced and executed. I think it's the heavy emphasis on the kid.

#95: Platoon
#94: Village Of The Damned
#93: Manhunter
#92: Slacker
#90: 10 Things I Hate About You
#89: Mad Dog and Glory

#84: Team America
+ rep for the above. Welcome to the site and, if you keep this up, you and I will get along just fine.

Manhunter, Slacker and Monster's Inc are all on my own 100.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I have been lurking and I like the lists you fellas put out, might as well put up my own. Enjoy

More of a guilty pleasure, Jaws 2 is an exceptional sequel that doesn't stray far from the original's formula.

Special-effects galore, a childhood favorite and very fun. Bill Paxton is great.

#96: Christine
Carpenter's most underrated, impressive how they made a car seem so frightening.

The first Jaws is better than Jaws 2, so hopefully it will be higher up in your list, but Jaws 2 is a great movie too.

Twister is one of those guilty pleasure movies for me. I have to stop and watch it every time I'm flipping channels and I see that it's on.

I'm not a fan of either horror movies or Stephen King, but Christine is one of his better movies.

#87: Kramer vs Kramer
Hoffman is great, a film that'll get you right in the feels. Cherish your family.

I love it, Shylaman's best. Down-to-earth beats excess, who thought it could happen in a superhero movie.

Awesome pixar, great heroes and villains alike. A long-time favorite.

I love Kramer vs Kramer. It's by far, my favorite Dustin Hoffman movie.

I agree wholeheartedly about Unbreakable being one of Shyamalan's best, if not his best. It's a toss-up for me between this and The Sixth Sense.

Monsters Inc. is my second favorite Pixar movie, (right behind Wall-E), and one of my favorite animated movies.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Pretty good start Whobody.

I like/really like Christine, Platoon, Death to Smoochy and Jerry Maguire and really love Twister, 10 Things I Hate About You, Unbreakable and Team America

#82: The Player
I’m a big fan of those fourth-wall breaking films, this is no exception.

#81: My Cousin Vinny
Joe Pesci is so funny in this light-hearted comedy.

#80: Ray
Jamie Foxx’s great performance, worthy bio-pic.

#79: Wall Street
Douglas’s performance as Gordon Gekko is top-notch and Charlie Sheen is great too.

#78: Dog Soliders
My favorite werewolf movie, cool and gritty and just plain fun.

#77: Clerks
thoroughly enjoy the dialogue, right up their with Tarantino’s best.

#76: Heathers
Quintessential High School comedy-drama, see it multiple times a year, never gets old.

#75: A Perfect World
Heart-touching. Costner, Eastwood and the kid all did well.

#74: Total Recall
Great mindless fun, been a fan since childhood.

I'd wouldn't call Heathers a"Quintessential High School comedy-drama..."

It's more of an atypical black comedy, one of a kind for sure. I'm glad to see it on your list.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Quite a few there I've not gotten round to watching but I really like A Perfect World and absolutely love both Heathers and Total Recall.

#81: My Cousin Vinny
Joe Pesci is so funny in this light-hearted comedy.

#80: Ray
Jamie Foxx’s great performance, worthy bio-pic.

#76: Heathers
Quintessential High School comedy-drama, see it multiple times a year, never gets old.

I absolutely love My Cousin Vinny. It's one of the funniest movies ever made.

Happy Birthday to Jamie Foxx. He was excellent in Ray.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...72#post1219372

Christian Slater is great in Heathers. It isn't really my type of movie, but I like it anyway, and I recommend that everyone see it, if for no other reason than for Slater's performance as J.D.