A movie about a strange alien firm??

Tools    

I need help with the name. Don't remember the year, possibly late 90's? early 2000's? It's about a man who gets an invitation to a party by a firm that later hires him. He starts to notice weird things about this firm. I remember a scene where the man was sitting in what seemed like a conference room with other people, and they were either wearing some type of glasses/lenses that made them sit still and not move, or there was something sprayed in the air, or maybe some pictures flashed to control their minds? I really have a vague memory of this scene. The main character noticed that all the people around him in the room were just sitting still and not blinking.

There was another scene where this man finds an entrance to an underground facility that was like the HQ of this alien firm. He found something there and then was escaping from this underground facility and was chased by a spaceship?

That's about all I can remember about this movie. Anyone?

Should have mentioned it's not They Live. Seen it many many times

Thanks though.

Nope, not The Arrival. This movie didn't have any Sheens in it.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
It sounds like The Adjustment Bureau except for the spaceship part and it's a much new movie also, just thought I'd throw that out their anyways.

I've seen this movie about 5 years ago on amazon. And now that I think about it, it might not have been an alien firm...but possibly just some secret government firm with alien technology? I just can't recall 100%

I tried to go through the scify and fantasy movies on amazon, but could not find the movie. They must have removed it.

Cypher (2002)

bingo!!! that's the movie.

I can't believe I forgot about Lucy Liu. That would have made things much easier.