WARNING: "La Dolce Vita" spoilers below
First time I saw it, I was kind of damning the film, as I thought a lot of it was waste. I heard more names being called than real dialogue. And when there was dialogue, it was along the lines of, "Oh Anita, you are everything, beautiful, the world" not to mention constant bickering with Marcello's live-in girlfriend. The second time I saw it I liked it more, but then I watched it a few days ago and didn't have that feeling.

There are some amazing lines and exchanges, between Steiner and Marcello.

I haven't heard anyone mention this, but when Marcello is talking with his father, the elder Rubini mentions how the so-called stripper was actually a man. At the end of the film, there is the strip-tease, and when I first saw it, it looked like a hairy body with a limp penis.

I think it could have been really great if it wasn't 3 hours long. I think they exploited homosexuality not just in the movie, but maybe as a poke to Hollywood with their code, and other countries (besides Sweden) who might not have had the freedom.

I think the theme itself is really good, and early on we see the exchange of how one man doesn't have enough money, one has too much.