R.I.P. Joan Rivers

Tools    

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Joan Rivers has passed at the age of 81 after being taken out of a medically induced coma yesterday.

She was undergoing surgery on her vocal chords when she stopped breathing and was rushed to Mt. Sinai Hospital, on August 28.

Was expected I think.

It was all over Facebook for the past few days that she was ill.

Wasn't a fan of her work tbh, but RIP. She's obviously touched many lives with her visceral comedy.

It's not that shocking because I knew it was coming any day now, but it's unbelievable that this woman is now dead.

I am telling you -- there is a CURSE.

This year has been a curse!

Joan Rivers is the worst death yet. The worst celebrity death for me. Which is crazy because when Robin Williams died -- only THREE WEEKS AGO -- I felt like he was the worst. But Joan Rivers is the worst for me because I followed Joan's career extensively and she was my favorite comedian. One of the funniest people in the world, if not THE funniest person in the world. The world has been done a HUGE DISSERVICE by losing her right now. Times are more politically correct than ever and she was practically the last person left who was unafraid to speak her mind. She said the most foul things and I loved her for it. It's ironic that her death began because of vocal cord surgery.

Her Fashion Police and all her red carpet specials are timeless. When she was on E! and she did the red carpet pre-awards shows where she greeted the celebrities and asked what they were wearing -- that was one of the best things about the Oscars, the Golden Globes, etc. She hadn't done that in some years, but in the '90s and early 2000's, that's what she did and it was fabulous.

She made headlines up until the very end. She had just released a brand new book this summer. Every day, she was getting into trouble with something new. She had said some horrible new thing that people were shocked/upset about. But she was hysterical and she spoke the truth.

R.I.P. Joan Rivers

Current Body Count:
1. Philip Seymour Hoffman
2. Robin Williams
3. Joan Rivers
4. Deadite
5. Meshach Taylor (Hollywood from "Mannequin")
6. Michael Gottlieb (the director of "Mannequin", died a month before Meshach)
7. Marilyn Burns (final girl from "Texas Chainsaw Massacre")
8. Lauren Bacall
9. Rik Mayall
10. Harold Ramis

Am I forgetting anyone? I know there's been some other tragedies around here. That Japanese animation studio closed. It's a bad, bad year.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Joanrivers.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	16977  

My dad was a fan of her too, Sexy.

I think I always respected her for, as SC said, the fact she didn't give a sh*t and would say something that needed saying.

I just wasn't a fan really. Respected her, but wasn't a fan.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Joan Rivers was actually pretty and funny back in the day. I'll always remember her for this, although she was in The Swimmer

R.I.P.

Current Body Count:
1. Philip Seymour Hoffman
2. Robin Williams
3. Joan Rivers
4. Deadite
5. Meshach Taylor (Hollywood from "Mannequin")
6. Michael Gottlieb (the director of "Mannequin", died a month before Meshach)
7. Marilyn Burns (final girl from "Texas Chainsaw Massacre")
8. Lauren Bacall

Am I forgetting anyone? I know there's been some other tragedies around here. That Japanese animation studio closed. It's a bad, bad year.

Rik Mayall.

Why the heck did she go and get all that plastic surgery?
Does it matter? The plastic surgery didn't kill her. The vocal cord surgery did.

I remember watching Joan Rivers when she would host The Tonight Show for a vacationing Johnny Carson. She was funny, in-your-face, type of way.

I didn't know she was in a coma, I don't follow the news. But sad to hear it.

Does anyone know why she was having vocal cord surgery?

Thank you. That's another tragedy. I loved him, too. Added to the body count.

Does it matter? The plastic surgery didn't kill her. The vocal cord surgery did.
I just said that because she was very pretty back in the day.

Yesterday I was told Betty White had died and my mind went haywire. But it turned out to be a hoax. If she actually had, nobody would have any doubt about this curse.

Does anyone know why she was having vocal cord surgery?
Something about her voice getting raspier.

Sir Dickie last week too.
That's a 90 year old man. That's not a curse. That's nature.