Horror movie about bridge, shaping destinies

Tools    

Few years ago I watched this movie randomly on TV: it was an American film, in English, it was a horror or a thriller. A man starts asking questions about some events that he finds odd in one way or another (I don't remember why or in which way were they odd). I think that one of them was the breaking of a huge bridge (could be one of the famous American bridges). Eventually (somewhere towards the end) he calls his friend and starts talking about it, and his friend is different and at some point tells him to stop asking questions, I do believe he mentions "them" in some way. As he is hanging up, or after you can see a side of his house and on that side a big shadow. Now, that's not a lot, I know. What I think I remember is that these creatures are big and that they shape destiny in some way. Hope there's some amazing person out there who can recognize the movie and thank you amazing person a bunch in advance.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Thank you guys a lot, I guess it wasn't that hard. It just got so stuck in my head