Camos Top 50

→ in
Tools    

I've decided to redo my favourite movies list. The last one i made when i'd just joined the site, i hadn't really ventured out of my comfort zone in watching movies and i can't say that all of the movies were favourites. No doubt this will drastically change in the next few months, but i can confidentally say i love all of these movies.

50.Dead Man's Shoes (2004)
Directed by Shane Meadows

This is certainly not a pleasant film, i've seen it characterized as a black comedy and while i see were people are coming from with this i completely disagree. Richard (played by the excellent Paddy Considine), is a returning soldier who is seeking revenge against the drug dealers who tormented his simple minded brother. Considine gets the praise for his amazing performance, but Toby Kebell is also great as his brother Anthony. While it is a bleak movie, i urge anyone who hasn't seen it to give it a shot.

: Richard: You, you were supposed to be a monster - now I'm the ******* beast. There's blood on my hands, from what you made me do.

49.The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
Directed by Sergio Leone

Well there's not much to say about this that hasn't been said before. The final part of the Dollars Trilogy, The man with no name (or the good); returns during the American Cival War to hunt for buried confederate gold. His rivals for this fortune are Angel Eyes (or the Bad) played by the wonderful Lee Van Cleef and The Rat (or the Ugly), played by the just as good Eli Wallach who sadly passed away recently.

Imo it's not as good as a certain other Sergio leone spaghetti western that will appear very high on this list, but it's the best of the Dollars Trilogy.

Quote:
Blondie: You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Well that was fast.

I've not seen either of the first two, but The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is on my 60's watchlist.
It was you who inspired me saying the last one sucked and all

It was you who inspired me saying the last one sucked and all
Hey, I'm not that much of a bitch.

I said your formatting sucked, not the content.

I don't know anything about Dead Man's Shoes, but it's on my to see list. I must've read something good about it on this forum; maybe from you?

Love TGTBATU

I don't know anything about Dead Man's Shoes, but it's on my to see list. I must've read something good about it on this forum; maybe from you?

Love TGTBATU
Not sure, possibly. It could've been HK or someone else from the UK though, it's one of those movies that don't go very far internationally. On my last list i forgot to include it, so i'm not actually sure if i've said much about it here. Give it a go when you get the chance .

Obviously the first choice is great. Far superior to the pos that you've put one place above it.

I had Dead Man's Shoes on my millenium list, cricket, so it might've been that. Like Camo, Tacitus and a few others, I recommend it to anyone who thinks they'd like to see it. I've just seen it the once and I was totally unprepared for it. It really knocked me for a loop.

Looking forward to the rest, Camo.

Obviously the first choice is great. Far superior to the pos that you've put one place above it.

I had Dead Man's Shoes on my millenium list, cricket, so it might've been that. Like Camo, Tacitus and a few others, I recommend it to anyone who thinks they'd like to see it. I've just seen it the once and I was totally unprepared for it. It really knocked me for a loop.

Looking forward to the rest, Camo.
Seriously, you don't like The Good, the Bad and the Ugly HK? You need to get yourself checked out somethings clearly wrong with you

Seriously, you don't like The Good, the Bad and the Ugly HK? You need to get yourself checked out somethings clearly wrong with you
Nope. There was a thread which was something along the lines of "what's the first really bad film on the IMDB 250". That was my pick.

Nope. There was a thread which was something along the lines of "what's the first really bad film on the IMDB 250". That was my pick.
I actually read that thread come to think of it. Looking at it now i'd have guessed you would of said The Dark Knight . I don't know about films that are genuinely bad, but the first one i really dislike is Inception.

I don't know that The Dark Knight is bad, per se, just nothing special. I know I preferred Batman Begins. Not that I liked that, either. I'd have to watch it again and I really don't fancy doing that any time soon.

I don't know that The Dark Knight is bad, per se, just nothing special. I know I preferred Batman Begins. Not that I liked that, either. I'd have to watch it again and I really don't fancy doing that any time soon.
It's not bad at all, i just thought you were wrong again . I thought you disliked it, because you said you can't remember anything about it or something like that.

Apart from the silly voice, the bat sonar (or something like that), some flying/gliding (really? And this **** is taken seriously) and Heath Ledger having a great time I don't remember it at all. I only remember the awful Batmobile and Bruce being in China or something like that in Batman Begins, but I remember I liked it more than the other one. Naturally, I wouldn't have seen either if it wasn't for a friend wanting to see them.