Nightcrawler, starring Jake Gyllenhaal

Tools    

I knew the camerawork looked familiar! Robert Elswit (There Will Be Blood and most Paul Thomas Anderson films) was the director of photography on this one. Looks good.
Fire walk with me.

Wait just a minute. Somewhere, I know I said Jake Gyllenhaal would make a good Nightcrawler.

I think.

Either way, works for me.

I hadn't known about this. This is great. I'm turned on.

Wait a minute. This has nothing to do with the X-MEN character? WTF?

His career is going to be so killed, I'm starting to think.

First that boring ENEMY and now a movie that sounds like an X-MEN comic book origins movie about Nightcrawler... but ISN'T.

He's going to piss people off and they'll distance themselves from him.

Full trailer is out:

@Sexy: I don't think he really cares about that. He's also winning some new fans with this kind of films.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I look forward to this film. Jake is one of my favorite actors, and has been for a very long time. Lately, he has been hit-and-miss with me. I liked Prisoners, but Enemy left a lot to be desired. I am hoping this one is another feather in his cap.

Trailer looks good.

Jeez he's looking thin. Wonder what role he's getting ready for.
It's for Nightcrawler. He lost weight for that movie.

He really lost weight to play a photographer?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
It was probably necessary for the part for some reason.

His career is going to be so killed, I'm starting to think.

First that boring ENEMY and now a movie that sounds like an X-MEN comic book origins movie about Nightcrawler... but ISN'T.

He's going to piss people off and they'll distance themselves from him.
This makes me sad. I thought you had a change of heart about Enemy. Disappointing.

This makes me sad. I thought you had a change of heart about Enemy. Disappointing.
Change of intellect with some change of heart, but not a total reversal. I still think it's ultimately too boring and complicated and doesn't really work. The idea behind it, though, is interesting, and extra fascinating since it's a Jake Gyllenhaal movie. But I do not think it's really an enjoyable watch. I turned it off and still haven't finished the last half hour, though I know what happens.

Yet, here are all of these pretentious people coming out of the woodwork calling this movie a masterpiece just because it's a "weird" confusing mess, a "puzzle" ala David Lynch. I think the movie is needlessly confusing. I don't want my brain to hurt when I watch a movie. I can understand complex issues quite well, but I don't want my brain to hurt -- or worse -- SHUT OFF because the film's so damn boring. I am not impressed by cool confusion.

Though I don't think I'd give it a
anymore just because I don't think it's a masterpiece. I do love it though.

Is that a joke? You have Mulholland Drive and Upstream Color in your top ten, dude.