Humorous haunted house movie

Tools    

I am trying to re-call a movie that I saw when I was a kid. I am pretty sure that it was a 60's movie.

Kind of a haunted house type movie. Not real scary, more of a scavenger type hunt. The deceased owner of the mansion left clues about where the family fortune might be. The deceased owner had a "Catchy" name but I cannot re-call it. It was kind of humorous, Disney's "Haunted Mansion" sort of reminded me about it.

Please help with the name or any clues that you might think of.

Thanks,
Jim

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I am trying to re-call a movie that I saw when I was a kid. I am pretty sure that it was a 60's movie.

Kind of a haunted house type movie. Not real scary, more of a scavenger type hunt. The deceased owner of the mansion left clues about where the family fortune might be. The deceased owner had a "Catchy" name but I cannot re-call it. It was kind of humorous, Disney's "Haunted Mansion" sort of reminded me about it.

Please help with the name or any clues that you might think of.

Thanks,
Jim

As soon as I read this description, it sounded really familiar. In my mind, I could picture people breaking up into teams of two people per team, and then they all basically tore the house apart looking for the fortune. I could even picture them reading and deciphering the clues, and eventually finding the fortune behind a brick in the basement wall.

Then I realized that I was thinking of an episode of the TV show "Benson".