Donnie Darko = What?

Tools    

Hi everyone so guess who just spent 2 1/4 hours watching the directors cut of Donnie Darko? That's right this guy! And why? Because I thought it was this hide movie that was super important to see. Since this is a movie questions thread here is my movie question. What the hell happens in this movie? I can't figure it out got the life of me. Someone please explain it!

Honeykid and I's worlds collided and somehow someone forgot to pick up Whoopi and bring her along.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	donnie-778303.jpg
Views:	2916
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	13654  

Or, another explanation is that Whoopi made it happen in the first place, while hiding in the shadows, unseen.

Ok, just because' I'm nice.

WARNING: "OBVIOUS SPOILERS" spoilers below
Donnie Darko is trapped inside a tangent universe, or parallel, doesn't matter. He in in this universe due to some form of corruption that appeared in the primary universe. He now has so many days to correct what went wrong or the end of the world will commence. Although some people have said that the tangent universe loops, so really would the world end? I don't know. I still have a few things to work out myself. But I'm pretty sure then the time ends the tangent universe will collapse and destroy the earth.

So Frank, the rabbit can communicate with Donnie and gets him to do these certain tasks, flood the school, burnt down pedo guys house and then we meet on Halloween. These tasks are designed to help Donnie get to the final hurdle.

When Donnie is in this tangent universe he has super powers. (strength, fire and telekinesis) hence how he did some things. The school was flooded so he could meet Gretchen coming home from the bus stop, saving her from the bullies and he burns the house down so that the coach of the dance group wouldn't be able to take the girls to the dance. Donnie's mum had to do it. This allowed him to party with no parents around and he goes out, meets frank, gretchen is killed and he goes to where the plane is and sends the engine back into the real earth with his powers, killing himself.

Now I'm not sure if he knew he was going to die and I'm not sure if anyone knows this for a fact. But the ending itself when the people are crying ect, and looking confused just means some of them have memories of what happened in the tangent universes.

Anything else you need to know? I hope that was enough.

Btw, my explanation doesn't explain everything. If you need more in depth analysis look on the donnie darko website it has full explanations.

EDIT - I MEAN THIS ONE http://www.donniedarko.org.uk/

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Donnie Darko = meh.
Take that back, or I'll let the bunny suit man rape you!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Take that back, or I'll let the bunny suit man rape you!

This close to Easter? That's harsh!

Right guys I've read your replies I appreciate the help and having slept on it I have come to this comclusion....

Donnie Darko = Extremely Over Rated

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Right guys I've read your replies I appreciate the help and having slept on it I have come to this comclusion....

Donnie Darko = Extremely Over Rated
Yeah, I felt the plot was ridiculous, but that also may be due to becoming very bored with it.

I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad, people who can't grasp it think it's the movie that is bland.
That was intentionally supposed to be partially quoting Mad World right?