suggest some great movies shot in hill stations, woods, nature, etc

Tools    

i just love to watch movies having natural environment scenes.. be it any genre.. they give a very pleasant feeling
my favourite movie is the prestige.. it also has some mountain scenes of colorado springs.. this is the best movie ever made..

i've seen the edge starring alec baldwin and anthony hopkins.. this one is also based in a hill station

"insomnia" by chris nolan is another example..

"walking tall" is a good small town story ..

so pls suggest me some good to watch films based around hill stations, nature, woods, forests, etc but they should be good to watch..

twilight series is also based in the same environment but i don't like twight movies at all.. so please suggest only good movies

Into the wild 2007 is a good one

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
The Lord of the Rings trilogy
The Searchers
Eragon (the movie sucks but there some beautiful locations in it)
Princess Mononoke (this one is animated so I don't if what you are looking for or not)

Jeremiah Johnson (1975)
The Straight Story (1999)
Mccabe and Mrs Miller (1973 or something like that)

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I just recently posted about this... The Grey starring Liam Neeson
A great underrated movie with powerful ending.

If you want to see some rural areas of Hungary go for Satantango.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring (2003)

From my review: "A small lake surrounded by huge hills covered in dense wild forest, on that lake a little one division house rests afloat, this house is a buddhist monastery. Two people inhabit this idyllic landscape secluded from civilization: a man and a little boy child."

It's a wonderful film, I think you'll like it.

Hanna is pretty good movie

Dersu Uzala (1975) - Akira Kurosawa

Fitzcarraldo (1982) - Werner Herzog

Aguirre: The Wrath of God (1972) - Werner Herzog

The Bird People in China (1998) - Takashi Miike

Some of those mentioned like The Grey, Spring, Summer ... & The Straight Story are great too.

I just watched Secret Life of Walter Mitty, which has stunning shots of Iceland (mountains, etc). The movie itself was decent - definitely better than Twilight :-)

Brokeback Mountain also has some pretty natural settings.

And of course March of the Penguins, if you appreciate a bright white Antarctic setting. It's also a beautiful nature film.

keep answering more pls...

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
The Way Back (2010)
The Hunter (2011)
The Thin Red Line (1998) - some amazing scenery
Apocalypto (2006)

The TV show Long Way Round (2004) had some really great scenery and so did the sequel Long Way Down.

Avatar is a mostly animated film.

So perhaps, if I can talk about animated film, the most beautiful animated film ever made Princess Mononoke has some beautiful views and now it was released in bluray in Japan (so by t... you can have the blu ray version). Howls Moving Castle also has some impressive landscape paintings. My Neighbor Totoro as well has some really great painted views of Japanese rural life in the 1950's:

Lawrence of Arabia
L'avventura
Badlands
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Zabrinski point
Walkabout
Apocalipse now
Excalibur
Blue lagoon
The mission
The sheltering sky
the beast