Movies like The Social Network ?

Tools    

I am a budding tech entrepreneur and nothings gets me high like The Social Network. Can you people suggest any movies which are like the social network ? Need to get inspired. Don't copy pasta related movies from IMDB. It has to be Tech related and/or about a startup.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	social network.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	13458  

Hmmm. It depends a bit on whether or not it's the subject matter or the directorial style that you're enjoying more. For example, Startup.com is a good film about an Internet startup, but it's a relatively low-budget documentary, so it feels quite different from the flashy, stylized Fincher-directed film. And I'm not sure I'd call it inspiring, exactly; it's more like a cautionary tale.

Pickings are a little slim beyond that because Hollywood's depictions of tech are pretty God awful. Usually just people slamming their fingers on a keyboard while green gibberish text fills the screen followed by a dramatic pause, head turn, and "We're in."

@Yoda

yeah ... I know. Most hacking scenes in movies are complete ********. But the social network is an exception.
I have got a small collection of movies and documentaries like

Code 2600.
Cybergeddon
Disconnect.
Hackers 2 Operation Takedown
October.Sky
Office Space
Pirates of Silicon Valley
Primer
The Fifth Estate
The Life Of A Young Entrepreneur - Documentary
Underground - The Julian Assange Story
V.For.Vendetta
We.Are.Legion.

if you guys know anything other than that ...

It hasn't premiered yet, but HBO's new series "Silicon Valley", created by Mike Judge (Office Space), looks more than promising. The first episode airs this Sunday.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Shattered Glass (2003), chronicling the real-life journalism scandal of the rise and fall of Stephen Glass at The New Republic, doesn't deal in great detail with the tech stuff, but elements about hacking and web companies are the underlying details in the narrative. And it's a pretty good flick.

Antitrust (2001) is a decidedly less good and rather silly movie that aimed to be a modern Hitchcockian thriller about a conspiracy involving a Bill Gates-ish computer mogul and a young programmer who brings down his nefarious schemes. It's a touch better than The Net (1995) with Sandy Bullock, anyway. But that ain't saying much.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
This doesn't really much to the conversation, but if you enjoyed The Social Network, you might also enjoy that David Fincher is currently working on an adaptation of Steve Jobs' life. The Apple Orchard is what I want it to be called, but he hasn't returned my emails the last seven times that I've tried piercing his giant house of cards. They made a movie with Ashton Kutcher about Steve Jobs called simply Jobs, but it didn't pick up much of a reception.

I just watched the Steve Jobs movie on Netflix lat night. It might do the trick for you.

I just watched the Steve Jobs movie on Netflix lat night. It might do the trick for you.
That movie could have been much better. They missed a lot of things, to many gaps. Should have been an hour longer. That is of course you mean the Ashton Kutcher one.

Thank you for your replies. I have watched all those movies except Shattered Glass. And "Silicon Valley" looks very promising. Also, eagerly waiting for ((Aaron Sorkin + David Fincher) aka Team Social Network + Steve Jobs) = Another Great Movie