Name of WW II Commando movie?

Tools    

I can't remember the title or the cast.
The scene I remember is a select group of soldiers, commandos, or convicts, are gathered in a room. I believe a British sergeant enters the room. He has an issue about the trustworthiness of one of the group. It may have been racially motivated. He kills the man. Some members of the group question his actions, and he just states that it was necessary. After that they meet with the officer in charge. The sergeant informers the officer he killed a member, but all is fine now. They are then told of their mission (which I don't remember).
The film had a "Force 10 to Navarone" feel to it. Guessing it was made between 1960 and 1980. I also believe it is European theatre WW II. Sorry that is all I have to go on.

No it's not the hill, but thanks for the reply.
This was in color. The (I believe) British sergeant wore a kaki colored uniform. The room was white, no windows, the commandos weren't chained/handcuffed, they were hanging out at this meeting spot awaiting orders.
I believe the discussion about the trustworthiness of the one individual may have started before the sergeant arrived. The sergeant had heated words with the one individual who didn't back down. Then the sergeant killed him. Everyone is a little uncomfortable. Sergeant says we all know it had to be done.
And I believe when the officer is addressing them, their on a Mediterranean waterfront, outside a white building, standing on cobblestone. The officer addresses the sergeant. The sergeant reports, then I believe departs in a boat.

I keep wanting to say Guns of Navarone, but it probably isn't it. And you probably know it, if you know Force 10. Just so may of the details add up, although the untrustworthy man isn't shot.

Nickolai, the laundry boy.

Quote: Major Franklin: Pappadimos, have you got your silencer?
Pvt. Spyros Pappadimos: Yes.
Major Franklin: Then use it. Shoot the laundry boy.
Maj. Baker: Are you crazy?
Major Franklin: And if the Major gets in your way, shoot him too. That's an order.

Hope someone can help you.

Thanks. It is close, but no.
I believe the sergeant stabbed the man with a knife and killed him. The sergeant addressed the man in a snide manner, then the man being offended fired back.
The sergeant shut him down with I believe some ethnic "you limey piece of @#$%" remakes. It made an impression because in these type movies there are a bunch of hell raises and a tough sergeant that makes them tow the line. But this sergeant really disliked the guy enough he killed him before they even saw action.
The rest of the tough guys just played it off but you could tell they thought the guy was a bit extreme and not someone you wanted to be in the crosshairs of.
It might be one of the dirty dozen movies, but I doubt it.

The sergeant’s demeanor reminds me of Sgt. Wilfrid Peacock from The Devil’s Brigade, or maybe a young Robert Shaw. The sergeant was clean shaven and a hard man.

The sergeant’s demeanor reminds me of Sgt. Wilfrid Peacock from The Devil’s Brigade, or maybe a young Robert Shaw. The sergeant was clean shaven and a hard man.
Certainly sounds like a Robert Shaw character! No problem, I'll keep looking.

Could you recall if the movie seemed like an italian production - bad dubbing, mostly italian casting.. etc.. That would help us to figure out if it's a Macaroni combat film or not.
Cos there were tons of them.

I agree with Hit Girl. It sounds a lot like the Guns of Navarone. Could the Op have just got that point wrong about the suspect man being killed.

I've seen Guns several times, as a matter of fact it is on my DVR. It is definitely not Guns of Navarone or Force 10.
I'm thinking less well known, lower budget movie like In Enemy Country. It may have been a non-U.S. production. The best I remember the officer was the star that I knew, but it was a star who had already peaked (like an older Richard Burton), or who wasn't a big movie star (like Telly Savalas).
I'm not sure the sergeant that stabbed the man even went on the mission. I don't recall him redeeming himself. It seems that the sergeant reported the killing to the officer and his opinion was held highly enough by the officer it wasn't reprimanded. I believe the officer told them something akin to don't sweat it, you'll all probably die anyway.