[Suggestion] Non-Member Point of Contact

Tools    

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
This is just a suggestion from the point of view of a new member.

When I signed up a couple days ago, the activation e-mail got filtered into my spam folder. I didn't notice right away, so I went looking on MoFo for activation help. I did finally find the e-mail, but I thought I'd just mention this in case someone in the future actually doesn't receive an activation.

There is no way for someone without an activated account to get in touch with site staff to re-send the activation e-mail. I tried PMing the mods, but I wasn't allowed. I also tried to e-mail the mods, but I was given another disallowed page.

The suggestion would be to create a link somewhere to re-send your activation e-mail. Failing that, maybe set up a "contact us" e-mail account where people can get a hold of a mod in the case where their activation e-mail has been lost, or if they're having a hard time logging in. I can think of several situations in which this would be a handy point of contact.

Just thought someone would like to know that there is no way of contacting a mod of the site unless you are logged in and activated.

Thank you for providing the forum! I'm having a lot of fun reading old threads and catching up on MoFo.

I'd thought there was an exception programmed for mods. But either way, there's a method for having the activation codes resent here:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...o=requestemail

I'll look around and make sure this is linked from somewhere.

Nice one. I just wanted to make sure you were aware in case no one had alerted you yet. I totally could have missed that link somewhere. But, I did search for a while to find it.

Where did you end up finding it? It'll help me figure a few things out.

I just went in and added it to the no permission page, too. And I just reworded that page in general. So thanks for the kick in the butt to do that.

I never found it. I checked my spam folder and the e-mail was in there.

And, you're welcome!