12 Angry Men

Tools    

It's one of my favourite movie and I don't really understand the title. Maybe Lee J Cobb's character is angry, but not the others. Why 12 Angry Men?

I'd be curious to know if someone has an idea

Thanks

12 men is the standard board of jurors. angry is well because they are angry Angry like irritated. Some of them is angry because of the witness background and race, and that kind of stuff. Angry does not necessarily mean rage. It has a more generic meaning of "irritated" and "passionate". The characters indeed have a passionate debate, irritated by the others and the witness, and more importantly, themselves (the father-son flashback, etc).
There is a decent Russian remake, it is just called "12".

Take a look at Nikita Mihalkov's version, that might make it clear. They all get their anger towards the black people ( or Chechens or whoever) under control at the end.

I wasn't a fan of 12, but then, that's probably because I expected it to be similar in style and tone, and it was ultimately wayyyyyy different. But I also wouldn't discourage someone who loves 12 Angry Men from seeing it.